Thursday, May 29, 2008

SPYWARE! The bastards!!!

I need some help.
SOMETHING has attacked my computer. I think it's fucking adware but my firewall and spyware and anti-virus is NOT picking it up.

SO....

I log off my name and go to bed....wake up and instead of this...



Yeah...I'm an Elmo fan. What of it?

As I was saying..instead of ELMO staring my in the face as my screen saver, I get this STUPID thing that turns my screen blue and says..

"WARNING! SPYWARE DETECTED ON YOUR COMPUTER! Install and anti-virus or spyware remover to clean your computer."

I TRIED to copy and past the picture on my screen saver but I couldn't. Furthermore, it is no where to be found, this picture. I can remove it, temporarily from my screen saver and I can even delete the bastard but it comes back.

The picture is named...ctfmonb.

WTF?

AND not only do I have an anti-virus, firewall, spyware program that is updated every day...it can't find anything wrong.

Someone help me please?
Remember...I am blonde impaired...

HELP!!!

7 comments:

  1. No help, but oh sh&*. That sucks. I HATE when that happens. I swear there are things that hide and lurk, then POP out. Stupid s%^$.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know... have you tried looking for freeware antispyware or Adaware? They might have some newer definitions. Try downloading a free, new program and see if that locates your bug. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a little information on the web at
    http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/trojan_w32_pakes_csg.shtml

    It looks like a virus that will connect to an Antivirus web site that will try to sell you a copy of software to take it off your computer. Then of course that program just does even more damage. I've had to play with these at work and they are generally not a lot of fun to get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha HA! XP antivirus strikes again!

    google Ubuntu bug #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. And just today I got an offer from a French lady to donate her deceased husband's millions to me rather than let her family have it. Maybe I should forward her info to you and you could send her some linky-linky. pssst. Don't tell anyone, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had that, too. I used Spybot and then Adaware. Not sure which one worked because I used them one after the other, but it did the trick.

    Bastages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Google the file name, you'll find a bunch of stuff, including this link, with things to fix it:

    http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/
    default.asp?id=
    description&virus_k=144189

    (sorry..had to break it up..it didn't wrap)

    Anyway...this wouldn't have happened if you just didn't delete my requests for Penis Enlargement pills and Stamina remedies.

    Dammit woman...now you know better.

    On another note, for $85 an hour I'll do it for you.

    Fix your computer, that is. What were YOU thinking?

    ReplyDelete