Monday, May 19, 2008

A big ole smack on the ass...42 times in fact.

OK.
So I'm 42 years old today.

Do I have a problem with getting older?

Nah.

Getting older is ok. People think it's not, but there is nothing to fear about getting older. The lines on your face add character. They tell a story about your life. I equate the age spots, stretch marks and scars as tales of time...a tribute to the things I've experienced.

They are no different than blogging really. It's a record for others to see where you've been and what you've learned...

I should find out the rest of my results today from the doctor's office. I got a clean bill of health so far, except my sugar was low and I hadn't fasted. So the nurse said she wasn't sure about whether he'd pursue it or not.
I'm not anemic or pregnant...thank god.
Today I should find out whether my thyroid is out of whack. That's what I've been worried about. That's the reason I went to the doctor. I hate saying anything about it though because unless you've experienced thyroid problems, you can't begin to understand how terrible it can make you feel.

I felt like I was having a heart attack and losing my mind. I was exhausted and anxious.

Same stuff that happened before I was diagnosed and treated. That's why I thought it was the problem. I'll find out something later I'm sure....

Mr.Man made me a cake yesterday. But he didn't even jump out of the damn thing. Plus he left the dishes for me to wash up. Dammit....

As weird as this seems, I take a naked picture of myself every year on my birthday. I was looking through them...(dear god can you imagine when I die what my poor kids will think?)and I realized that my boobies are not really that much lower than when I began taking these pictures...(11 years ago)

So what's that mean?

I don't do those boobie exercises they recommend.

I don't wear a bra all the time either.

Maybe they're just NOT that big. Maybe that's why they're not visiting the belly button?

Hmmm....

Anyway...that's all you're getting today. It's my birthday and I'm going to watch a movie and relax...

See ya tomorrow...

19 comments:

  1. Well I hope the rest of you tests come back OK.... Wait, I hope they come back OK and they tell you what simple and very easy to treat thing you have to make you feel better :)

    Ummm... I have a very analytical mind and am very good at evaluating pictures... Just saying if you would like a second or third opinion just let me know and I will be here to help... Cause I'm a good friend and that's what friends do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... I almost forgot, HAPPY FREAKIN BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Good luck on your test results - I hope it's either nothing or an easy fix.

    And on the boobs, I think there is only so much stretching some skin will do, so perhaps yours have reached their "resting place" for now? ;-)I just keep rolling mine up and stuffing them in the bra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so young when I was 42. Felt it, did really young things and generally acting like I was much younger. I guess that's why now, at my age, I'm in pretty good shape and enjoying life in a very similar manner to when I was 42.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammie, I was daignosed with low thyroid output about a year ago. I have been on low dose synthroid ever since. It took a few months to get the dose balanced, but I feel great now. I was always very healthy and I workout at least 2-3 times per week and hold both world and american records in powerliting. I am 45 now, but started having cholesterol/thyroid problems at 42. Maybe that is the age we start falling apart. ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy motherfucking birthinday to you
    Happy motherfucking birthinday to you
    Happy motherfucking birthinday dear Tammie
    Happy motherfucking birthinday to you

    Really if you could hear my singing voice (think Loretta Lynn with strep throat), you'd be extra glad you read that instead of hearing it in all its note-bending glory.

    When I was growing up, Mom had serious thyroid problems. Still does, but they've been under control for decades now. When we were little and she was going through the worst of it, all we knew was Mom had these things called mones and the mones could make her go from normal to winging whatever she could get her hands on straight toward our heads in a heartbeat. We tried not to push her mones to her angry place. I guess what I'm saying is: This could work to your advantage too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! At 42, you're just a baby compared to me! I say my life started at 42. That's how old I was when I started my business - and it was all down hill from there - and more fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday.

    I've been checking all over Flickr.com and can't find your photo spread.

    A little help here, woman.

    A little help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday, sweetness. It's been such a pleasure getting to "know" you this past year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Tammie! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy "Not dying for another year" day!

    About the breasts thing, maybe you have strong skin?

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you're wanting more sag, I suppose you could try adding those Janet Jackson nipple shields and put some little weights on them.

    To each her own, I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Doh! That was me... anonymous...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday!
    You're young yet.

    Look in the mirror and repeat:
    "I am a beautiful and gorgeous MILF. I am young and hip. I can still turn heads, I am able to leap tall building with a single bound and I can kiss boo boos and make them go away, and I can run over old people with my shopping cart. I am woman, hear me ROAR. " :-)

    Do this daily and follow with a shot of tequila as necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  15. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Answer_to_Life,_the_Universe,_and_Everything

    Congrats on being the answer to life, the universe and everything. I know I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy (belated) Birthday!

    ReplyDelete