Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fast Cats and wild woman antics....

Guess what I've been doing most of the morning?

I've been watching this....



MAN HOW I MISS IT!!!

Bet ya didn't know the old Goddess used to be a wild woman, did you?

Yes...at one time I used to be on an Arctic Cat, screaming down the trail as fast as I could go without losing control of my sled. If the trail had been groomed I was brave enough to go as fast as the sled would go... If the trails were rough, I kept it a little slower because I know the result of being reckless while snowmobiling.

My best friend from childhood was killed in a snowmobile accident.

February 7, 1997...

Remember the Paul I wrote about? The one who always got in trouble? The one who took the blame for a monstrous fart because they girl he had a crush on let one slip during a quiet moment in class?

He came screaming home one night after hitting up the bar. As he turned a corner on the trail he couldn't navigate it and slammed into a tree. He laid there for two days before they found him. The coroner said he died from head trauma immediately on impact, so he didn't lie there and suffer...which helped everyone cope with it a little better.

But still...how do you ever really cope with a loss like that?

I used to do some pretty STUPID things when I was younger. There was a lot of drinking and speed involved in most of it. What's strange is that I didn't drink and drive a car but I thought nothing of drinking and driving a snowmobile or motorcycle. In fact, I jumped dirt piles on my cousin Greg's dirt bike as young as 13 years old.

Did I have a death wish?

Ummm...let's just say that I was a little lax in my concern for my safety...

I think I need a trip to Maine soon. It shouldn't be much longer before I can get home. Mr.Man just needs to get his vacation time approved and we will be on our way...

Ah....Maine...

That's all...

Just a little peek into my head that allows you to see what goes on in here...

I gotta get off here and get ready to hit up the doctah's office.

7 comments:

  1. The one who took the blame for a monstrous fart because they girl he had a crush on let one slip during a quiet moment in class?

    Now, that's love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at the docs.

    That snowmobile is too wild for me. Sledding down a hill at Edgewood CC was enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video kinda made me motion queasy. Damn hot dog for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the Dr appt.

    I never was a wild man. I planned and studied everything I did. No risks taken and nothing gained. I'm thinking I need to take some risks, maybe bungee jumping or juggling crocodiles or something...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fastgoing, esp on open-air vehicles. Never been on a snowmobile though!

    Sending good thoughts for your doc vizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I snowmobiled once, at a local mountain resort (here in So Cal, we keep the snow in the mountains, where it belongs). Out on a snow-covered golf course, screaming along, I went up and over the lip of a sand trap. When the airborne adventure ended, the snowmobile went one way and I went another. Great fun, but stupid crazy dangerous, I guess.

    Here's hoping that all goes well with the doc visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the wilds of Boone County are too wild for snowmobiles. The only thing that's flat is the main highway. LOL.

    Hope things went well at the doc's.

    I love the song in the background. My favorite part of the lyric is:

    "Prayed like a father dusk to dawn.
    Beg like a hooker all night long.
    Tempted the devil with my song.
    And got what I wanted all along."

    ReplyDelete