Wednesday, May 14, 2008

DOCTAH SON...FIXAH MEEEE....

Yeah...I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. (In case the title didn't clue you in on that one...)

There's something going on with me I'd rather not discuss here but feel obligated to inform you about because I may not be updating regularly because of it.

I will let you know what I find out...especially if it involves death or institutionalization....

And now moving on.....

I have decided that indeed, the superhero suit doesn't fit me anymore.
In fact, I realized that most of the population can't even hear me and I might as well be blowing a dog whistle instead of speaking in an actual voice.

There is going to be a lot more alone time for me over the next couple of months.

While my kids will still be involved in their activities, I won't be running around behind them, trying to be a helpful little puppy dog, begging for scraps of friendship and affection from the other parents involved.

I'd like friends who call me just because they like me...not because they need me to do them a favor or need me to work.
The fact is...it's hard to explain to my son why he and his family are the only ones not being invited to the cook out or the birthday party he knows about...

And that....is that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....why do people pick their nose and look at it?
I saw some guy sitting in traffic doing that this afternoon. Not only did he do it once, but he did it TWICE.
Did he think that he'd come back with something more valuable the second time around?
The only thing WORSE than someone picking their nose and LOOKING at what's on their finger is watching someone pick their nose, look at it and then EAT IT!!!

GAH!!!!!

He didn't do that, thank god...but I could tell he was thinking about it.

Blech....

OK...so I'm done for today...

Keep the faith people...

13 comments:

  1. Hope nothing to serious on the Dr Visit. Feel free to call me any time! I won't ask for a thing from you... except my house is sort of dirty, if you cleaned that for me I would have more time to spend talking with you :)

    I would totally invite you to a cook out or a birthday party if I did that sort of stuff. I would certainly hang out with ya, you seem pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the snickers about the nose picking thing. I think stuff like that is HI-LARIOUS! I hope things are okay healthwise. If you need to talk, I'm always here for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If one picks one's nose--I'm just sayin', OK?--then one just might be curious to see the fruits of one's labor. And perhaps, if appropriate, a little bit proud.

    Men can't have babies, after all. We've got to be proud about producing SOMETHING.

    Also, there might be a little bit of a post-mortem examination aspect to it. If it's orange, for example, it might be cause for alarm. Or a sign that it's time to stop snorting cheetos.

    But booger-munching? That's just not right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... if you've been snorting enough cheetos to make the booger orange you have to wonder if it's a cheesy flavored booger??? Not that I would try it, but maybe wonder about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My question: How can you NOT look at it?

    Something's bothering your nose. You've blown to no avail and something's still bothering your nose. You are forced to go on a recon mission. When you get it out, you just wipe, toss, fling it away without looking?

    You are truly a woman of steel.

    :)

    That being said, I hope all goes well at the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS: Eating it is never right. I went to school with a girl who ate hers. Someone saw her. They called her Boogereater from there on out.

    I still invited her whenever I had a party because it would be plain rude to invite everyone else.

    There's something wrong with those soulless bastards who have parties for their children and don't include the just one or two children. Something very wrong indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did he save it under his seat for later, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. HUGS lady. My prayers that the doc's visit is uneventful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope everything went good on your doctor visit {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. I look at my boogers.

    I need to do this to determine:

    a) Is it small enough to wipe off between the crotch of my pants?

    b) Is it too big to flick? Too sticky (thus, wasting up to 10 minutes of my day trying to get the damn thing off as it moves from one fingernail to the next?)

    c) Is it bloody? Am I dying? Did I have an aneurism?!? SOMEONE CALL 911!!!

    d) If none of the above, it's a candidate for a car-carpet wipe-off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you're OK.

    And yeah... I never have figured out why people feel the need to dig and gawk. Maybe they think they'll pull out Jimmy Hoffa. I dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the ones with the hairs in.

    :)

    ReplyDelete