Friday, November 2, 2007

I don't smoke...I'm just hot...

Last night I went out with my friend to celebrate her birthday. Her birthday was actually a week ago, but between her kids and my kids, last night was the first free night we'd had.
We ended up at this Mexican restaurant in South Charleston. It used to be a Shoney's and I can't think of the name of it, so for the sake of argument, we'll call it the El Shoney's.
The El Shoney's ended up being much better than I anticipated. It still LOOKS like a Shoney's, inside and out, except for a few pinatas,signs printed in Mexican and the addition of a bar in the old non-smoking section. Oh yeah...and there is Mexican music. Apparently that's part of the changes in decor meant to convince you it's not a Shoney's.
I enjoyed the food and it tasted pretty good, especially the guacamole, which was fresh and not too salty.
But my FAVORITE part of the meal was this...



A pitcher of these babies and I forgot all about the decor...

It also helped me to forget about our waiter who looked something like this and kept looking down my shirt...



I don't know what he hoped to see. There was nothing down there except for my depressed breasts and as usual, they were sulking because I'd stuffed them in a push up bra.

Needless to say, I had a BLAST and slept great last night!

This morning, I woke up feeling just fine as well. No hangover for this chick. You know, I think I've only experienced maybe 10 hang overs in my entire life and considering how often I drink a little too much, that's pretty good.
So yeah...no hang over this morning, but I was having a bad hair day. I think I need to invest in a hat to cover that stuff. Maybe something like this would do the trick?



I think I could pull off that look. It could work for me...

The hubby and I are getting ready to go out and do a little browsing so I'm going to wrap this up, but I do want to post a warning....
These three things do not mix....



AND...



Combined with....



These three things may result in head trauma and or a concussion. Now you know what I was doing all morning prior to writing in here...heh heh heh.....

In closing, I will show you a picture of my mood for the day and let you figure out what it means...



By the way...I don't smoke...

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a very nice time. Could you go out for me once in a while and have fun? Drink too much for me too, if ya don't mind. I don't get to do that really...and when I do...I get sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMmmmm. I feel Margarita Night coming on! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun, drink some for me too. Nothing too strong though, I don't drink and could get drunk way too easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would that mood for the day be smug satisfaction?
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why yes, Michael...it is smug satisfaction. You'd be surprised how excited a man can get at the sight of a woman laying on the floor unconscious wearing nothing but panty hose...

    *GRIN*

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need to get an El Shoney's around here....with a blender that never stops churning ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not surprised not one bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so who was unconscious? couldn't have been you, could it? Hmmm??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah Tiff, it was me. I thought it would be a great idea to run into the bedroom and jump on my husband laying in bed reading. I thought it was be EVEN BETTER if I was wearing nothing but a pair of panty hose.
    Hardwood floors can be slick if you're wearing panty hose, you know?
    I flipped on my ass as soon as I started bouncing around and hit my head on the floor with a smack.
    Saw stars, moons, satellites, you name it.
    And then perhaps out of pity for me, because I had almost killed myself trying to seduce him, my hubby gave me some lovins...

    God my life is so pathetic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The OLD Shoney's in South Charleston used to be my kitchen table away from home.

    I'm trying to figure out if I know you somehow.

    Have you always lived in Charleston?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennifer,
    No, I'm not from this area. I grew up in Maine and lived there until I hit 27, then I moved here with my husband who grew up in Dunbar.
    I don't think you'd be disappointed with the EL Shoney's. It was pretty tasty...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotcha. Bit of a culture shock from New England to the (former) Chemical Capital of the World, I imagine! I grew up in South Charleston, so there's a chance I might know your husband - small towns and all that - but I think maybe I'm better off just leaving it at that and saying hello from a former (and always) WV girl.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't stand SC, but I went there last night for some sushi etc at taste of Asia. I saw ElShoney's on the way back . I think they have the tallest sign in WV.
    It's called Los Agaves, meaning, Those Agaves, which is the name of the plant that Mezcal is distilled from. Mmmm, I used to love mezcal. . . made a pilgrimage to Oaxaca once just to drink all the various mezcals. . . .well, I also wanted to see Oaxaca. . . Got side tracked by their magic mushrooms however and nearly didn't make it back.

    ReplyDelete