Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Better late than pregnant, right?

*SIGH*

Now that I've gotten THAT off my chest, I can sit and tell you about my busy day.

Where do I begin?

OK...How about with the baking? I now have pies galore, apple, pumpkin and lemon meringue, with crusts that turned out flaky and buttery.There are fresh oatmeal rolls with a hint of nutmeg for our feast. A pumpkin roll wrapped neatly in wax paper, waiting for breakfast tomorrow morning. (why not?)
I'll be rolling out of bed around five to start roasting the Turkey and then it'll be a mad dash to finish sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole and the perfect stuffing.
It might just be us, but it's got to be special.



While the Norman Rockwell picture looks great and the turkey we'll have will look just like the one in that picture, the blonde chick from Justice League with the cleavage is what I'll look like and that should ensure a little "special dessert" later in the evening...heh heh...

Speaking of Mr. Man, I'm happy to report that "Operation Planet of The Apes" was successful and I now have my windows sitting in the garage.

After I got out of the shower this morning, Mr. Man eye-balled my armpits as I was combing my hair.



Then his gaze traveled down to the legs....



By the time I had finished dressing he was already half way to Cross Lanes to pick up my windows.
As soon as he got home with them, I hit up the razor and shaved. It might have been a successful plan but it was an itchy plan...bleh..

The scene in the grocery story today was something out of disaster movie. People were stepping on top of each other to get to the last can of jellied cranberry sauce. I literally saw a mother throw her child into a crowd to get the last frozen pumpkin pie. I left before I saw blood or anything.
It was a horror I'll not soon forget.

As for me, I just needed to pick up a couple of things I forgot to get yesterday...you know...important things...



Oh yeah...I got some more potatoes too.

Tomorrow is not only Thanksgiving but here in my little city it's also the annual Commode Bowl. This is a football game played between the River Rats and the Hillside Rams. Depending on which side of the railroad tracks you grew up on, that's the team you play for. It mostly consists of drunk men throwing toilet paper at each other, pretending it's a football and flipping around in the mud. I've heard that when it rains, it gets even better. I know a few of the guys who play and picturing them in the mud, butt cracks saluting while wrestling for a roll of toilet paper, leaves something to be desired.

It makes me desire vodka in great big gulps...



I wonder if they'll be serving hotdogs?

Anyway, I am going to TRY to get my things done and cooked and ready to cook so I can go to the game and get some pictures. I think it would be fun and besides, it's a legitimate reason to get drunk. LOL...



All those butt cracks...whew...

Perhaps I should get started on the blurred vision this evening? A couple two or three drinks probably could help.

With that said, this is my mood for today and probably for tomorrow as well...



Every Thanksgiving I think about the things I have to be thankful for. My life has not always been an easy one. In fact if I were to focus on the bad, it would probably out number the good.
But I refuse to do that.
Why, you ask?
I'll tell you why.
In spite of the battles I've suffered through, I've survived.
Even when I've been the loser and found myself the prisoner, I've survived and found a way to escape.
I hesitate to open up about everything I've been through in my life, mainly because I have forgiven and moved on.
It would serve no purpose to say anything about it and hurt my family.

What's in the past, is in the past.

The future holds many mysteries. I don't know what trials and tribulations it holds for me, but I have no doubt that I will survive what ever comes my way.

So I am thankful for all I have. I am thankful for all I have survived. And I am thankful I am alive.

Sometimes simplifying it can make it all clearer...

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and they remember to be thankful for the simple truths in their lives....

11 comments:

  1. The Evil Twin had to stop at the store on his way home from work for a prescription and he also wanted an apple pie. There were none... he brought home a pecan pie, which is fine with me. I'll be baking a pound cake too. He said it was a madhouse and some people were just now doing their main shopping!! OMGosh... I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to run out and buy more potato, too.

    And cheese.

    The store was a zoo, with lines backed into the aisles. It was pure chaos.

    I live in the middle of the woods, and this was at a small, local IGA.

    I am making 'slap yer mama potatoes' and 'crack brownies'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the blond chick?
    To heck with the turkey.
    Kidding, I apologize as you don't know me. Add that to your list to give Thanks about.
    You can tell by your humor you have been through and won. You're funny, no airs about you and you have apple pie.
    What time's dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had company for dinner tonight! How crazy is that? But I will be going to my daughter's home tomorrow, so I don't have to cook again!

    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blonde Goddess - you are AWESOME! Fabulous blog! Love the pics and your humor!

    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    Michele sent me and I will be back!

    Jerry in Tampa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that I'm hurting from laughing so hard at "Operation Planet of the Apes" ...

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope things are going as planned today. Drink some alcohol for me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving! And those armpits made me feel faint!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, you need a warning on here... to go pee before reading your blog!

    you are one funny writer!

    Here via Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey - happy late T-day. I'm anxiously awaiting an update on the outcome of the commode bowl. OhyesIam!

    ReplyDelete