Thursday, October 18, 2007

My giant helmet....

I received my helmet in the mail yesterday. It's supposed to be a fierce viking helmet, (minus the horns on account of my husband thinking too much alcohol might cause me to gore someone with them)...BUT yeah...I got it. It's great. Made out of real metal too and copper I think.It looks fantastic and very realistic.

THIS is what it looks like...



There are just a few teensy weensy problems with it.

It's heavy...LORD is it HEAVY!!! I placed it on my head and felt like I was balancing a Volvo on my head. I'm telling you right now...if I wear the damn thing for any length of time, it's going to make my neck THOR and my back THOR. Hell, I'll be very THOR all over!!!



Heh..Heh...sorry but I couldn't resist that little pun on words....

There is another problem with the entire thing. It's too big. Apparently I'm supposed to put a padding in it, but didn't real viking warriors wear their helmets without padding? I thought they were tough damn it!!!

Anyway, it's too big and I'll end up looking more like Dumb Donald than a ferocious viking if I don't fix it....



I plan to get started sewing my fur boots today. I'm not sure if I should go knee high or higher. It might get cold and I certainly don't want to get cold. I suppose I will just have to consider the options available for me and figure it out from there. Regardless of what I do, there will be pictures and of that I'm sure you are glad...

My mood for today is this....



I suppose you could say that I'm in a conservative beast mood...you figure it out.

Until tomorrow...RAWR!!!

2 comments: