Saturday, October 13, 2007

Cat bath...Meow...

I'm preparing myself mentally for a chore I dread more than Elderly Hell Days....

I have to give my cats a bath.



It just so happens that every fall when the heat comes on, their skin gets extremely dry and causes places in their skin to flake and cause the hair to fall out. This means that I need to bathe them in special shampoo that the vet prescribed.

Oh freaking joy!

The biggest cat, Sven, doesn't like having a bath but he has no front claws and can't do much damage. He growls at me and let's me know he'd gouge my eyes out if he had the chance, but I can get through it relatively well with no scratches or bites.



Claudette, on the other hand, starts screaming as soon as I pick her up. We think she has Alzheimer's or something. One minutes she is loving up on us and the next minute, she's pissing down the front of me because she's so afraid. It's like she forgets who we are and what she's doing. It's crazy. She's crazy. So it's always pleasurable to give her a bath....



But yeah...I'm stalling by writing in here. I'm putting off the inevitable. I suppose I just need to do it and get it over with.

In a minute...

I slept in this morning until almost nine. That was pretty nice. I felt like a million dollars. Now I have a stupid sinus headache and although I like the cooler weather, for some stupid reason I get them like crazy the first couple of weeks and then it's like my sinus cavity adjusts or something nuts like that.

I'm a mess...

It's not even noon already and I feel like a drink could go a long way to help me out with the cat baths...

OK...I'm TRYING to find something to write about now, just to put it off, so I need to just do it. I may or may not take pictures of the injuries and post them. If I get one to the boobies like the last time, I will not..(for obvious reasons)..take a picture of that. Claudette literally hung on to me with a several claws buried in my nipple as I frantically tried to pry her off me. A towel wrapped around her head finally caused her to release her grip.

Talk about pain...

And with that said...THIS is my mood for the day.



Fucking meow...

2 comments:

  1. Are you alive? Did you get shredded? Never had to give a cat a bath, but I might do it just to get even with her for puking on the rug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat bath- Cat shampoo

    --------------------------
    hennry
    http://www.purrinlot.com

    ReplyDelete