Tuesday, October 16, 2007

And the true meaning of life is....honesty

I struggled all morning with something to write about. Then I realized that I was falling into the trap of trying to please other people with my blog.
Not good....not good at all.
So I'm just going to write about what I'm feeling today.
And the mood for today is this...



I'm lonely.
I ache from feeling lonely today.

Sometimes when you're in the middle of the world with tons of friends and family, that's when you can feel the loneliest. As fast as things move, the people around you swirl like a tornado and you're stuck in the eye of the storm...in the quiet...all alone.

I don't know how it happens exactly but it does. And I know I'm not the only one who suffers from it.
We all have those days.

Sometimes I feel like an extension of everyone else. I struggle to reclaim my identity because I get so lost in others needs.
It just seems like everyone and everything else becomes more important and I end up trying to hold it all together...
And the hell of it is...everything thinks I'm holding it all together...



Umm....the reality is this....



I'm struggling...just like everyone else.

So sometimes it would be nice to be able to wrap someone else's arms around me and let somebody else be the strong one for a change.

I'm just lonely.

Here's hoping tomorrow will bring some comfort...

5 comments:

  1. Oh, do we EVER have those days!!

    This feeling is how we know what "good" feels like, once the tide turns. Naps often help, as does shutting off the phone and saying fuck it to anything and everything that yo don't want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get it, unfortunetly. Hell, I've named my blog after it. Hopefully for you it's not a way of life yet. It would be nice some day to not be taken for granted, like your role is the same as being a part of the furniture instead of a real person. You can say something, it changes for a week and then it's back to the same thing again. How many times do you ask for it to change, knowing it will only be temporary change at best, before you stop bothering to speak up?

    Sorry about making my comment all about me, I was just hoping to let you know that you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although my mood would be better if the Sox looked like they might win another game this year - how did they go to hell in two games? Lets hope the knuckleball is dancing tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon. Call me if you need to chat, k?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tammie...

    Here's a virtual hug from Uncle Buzz:

    ****HUGGGGGG****

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete