Saturday, October 20, 2007

I'm not a slut...

Some people have issues with men and women being friends. They automatically assume that there is more going on than there actually is.
I'm the kind of person who makes friends where ever I go. I'm not a wall flower by any means. And while I'm very open about my sexuality and joke around a lot, I'm a faithful and loving wife.
I don't entertain the thought of sleeping around with every Tom, Dick and Harry.



That just ain't my style....

So anyway, this is my complaint.
There are people talking and implying that I'm involved with a good friend of mine. We do talk on the phone every day, sometimes several times a day, but we are friends.Very good friends. We just connected and can talk about everything with eachother. Either he was meant to be a woman or I was meant to be a man because we really do get along great.
I'm also very good friends with his wife and he gets along with my husband. Believe me...It's all very innocent.
BUT of course because people see us together a lot and we're always on the phone,some people will assume the worst and start rumors.



Networking my ass!!!

I guess there are several reasons I decided to write this post. One of them is to get your opinion about a man and woman having a close friendship.
Do you think it's possible for a man and woman to be close friends without anything happening that's inappropriate?

The second reason is to vent about the nosy busy-body bitches that have nothing better to do than to wag their tongues all over town about everyone. There women wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the ass.



I would hate to see my friendship destroyed because of people's ignorance. My friend's wife has assured me that we will all deal with it and it won't change our friendships, but it still annoys me that we should be faced with this at all.

So....what do you think about the whole thing?

I am baffled by it all.

And with that said...this is my mood for the day...



I'll be back soon...

6 comments:

  1. Of course men and women can be friends without sex. With that being said you will have to accept that the man will think about having sex with you without acting on it. Men think about sex approx. 1,400,000 times an hour (or is that just me?) so it's only natural. The gossipers are just jealous. They talk bad about a person because whatever they are talking bad about is what they would like to be doing if they were in your situation. So really its just them pointing out their own insecurities.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first visit to your page Tammie. Glad I screwed up the courage to check it out.

    I'm friends with a woman here in my town. We used to work together and then she went off for maternity and never came back. She is the only person I've met since I came to NV that can keep up with me in the intellect and humor departments. We do stuff together and her husband plays on my soccer team. I've never thought about having sex with her because that would bring on a whole new dynamic and I don't want that drama.

    Don't let these bitches get you down. If you want, I could cross-check them all in the head for you.

    Hockeykevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ron. Leads to an interesting couple of questions though. Have either of you thought of the other 'that' way, and would it matter if you did?
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a firm believer that men and women can be friends without anything going on. As long as your SOs are okay with it, it's nobody else's business. That said, I've been proven wrong a couple of times when someone else's feelings were more than mine. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like my gal Trinamick said above, if all parties are in the know and in agreement, it shouldn't be a concern to anyone else. Ignore the haters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always seemed to have more woman friends than guy friends, and have not had sex with them. Being friends is different than being lovers, if you're a lover then they can bitch AT you instead of just TO you. I can visualize any of them naked, but it doesn't mean I want to have sex with them. I just like naked thoughts. And I'm still friends with them. Like it was said here, if spouses are ok with it then it's no one else's business.

    ReplyDelete