Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What I WANT.....NO......DESERVE FOR CHRISTMAS!

There is one thing I wish for every single Christmas. In fact I've wished for it for the last ten Christmases that I can think of....



I WANT A FUCKING DISHWASHER!

Look...I cook at home at least six days a week. That's a lot of dishes people. Madge and her Palmolive have not prevented my hands from looking like dried up mummy hands. I am sick and tired of dipping my hands in the dishpan two and sometimes three times a day to wash dishes. I use rubber gloves occasionally but inevitably they end up missing and I'm back to the same old prune fingers in no time.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable....after all...I don't have one of these...



In fact Mr.Man has only bought me jewelry on several occasions and most of them have been inexpensive silver, except for the one necklace with the leaf on it, which was gold and white gold combined.
He's just not a flower, candy, jewelry type guy.
This is more his speed....



If he's going to spend more than a hundred dollars on something then it's going to be something he likes.

*shrugs*

Most times it doesn't bother me. Not really. I mean he does work hard for his money and I don't bring in any income. I hate to begrudge him his hobbies and what-not.
He tells me to just go out and buy a dishwasher but between him and the kids, there is never any money left. The house and I get whatever is left over.

I considered getting a job on many occasions, but felt in the end that the material possessions were not as important as being home for my children.

Of course that will change one I get the paperwork straightened out and begin selling my stuff. That will happen in January, since there have been a few glitches to deal with. Hopefully if I make any extra money doing that, there will be some set aside to fix our house up a little.

Meh...I didn't intend for this to turn into a "Me!Me!Me! It's all about me!!!"post...

It wouldn't matter if I didn't get anything. I'd still be happy. It's just stuff after all...but a dishwasher would be a pleasant surprise.

I have decided to become a badge whore. I want to collect unusual button pins to stick in the ceiling of my car.So far I have one....

I want badges made like this on the back...



With various sayings or pictures on the front like this....



Of course there are a couple I saw that are VERY APPROPRIATE FOR ME....



AND



This one is me for sure...



And of course this one....



If you get a chance, check out THIS website. It's where I found all of my badge pictures...hopefully I will get a few if I'm good...er...bad?
Whatever it takes I guess....

Well anyway...the word of the day is panic. I HAVE to go out in the crowds and shop. If I don't get the box I need mailed shipped out today, it won't get there in time. So..even though it's Elderly Hell Day, I have to go out among them....*shudder*

With that said, this is my mood....



I'm ready for battle....

13 comments:

  1. A dishwasher sounds like a very reasonable request. Maybe split chores up so everybody has to do dishes not just you. I'm sure after a little bit a dishwaher will all of a sudden sound like a good idea to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who are you kidding? When you get your new business underway, all profits will probably go to buying your own product. (I couldn't resist! LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tammie,
    We don't have a dishwasher either. (unless you count me!)
    Good luck w/that!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck out there!
    And the good thing about this being YOUR blog is that you can do all the "ME Me Me IT'S ABOUT Me!" stuff all you want.

    I hope you can get a dishwasher...I, too despise dish washing.

    I have a nifty button that says "if you don't have anything nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hell yeah you need a dishwasher! No one should be without one in this day and age! Dishwasher... that's a deal breaker for me. I'll scrub toilets, I'll clean cat boxes, I'll mop floors but I don't do one more dish than I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know Tiff, I bet if it were set off kilter, with a nice attachment or two, we could probably make one that does double duty...

    Does dishes and does you at the same time!...heh heh heh...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you wash dishes by hand. I would be making sure everyone used paper plates until they started sharing the dishwashing duties. Maybe we should start a collection so you can buy one. Or you can start selling those kisses for a buck each and probably be able to buy one tomorrow! Although you might want to start doing that on a Wednesday, not an EH day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Witholding sexual favors has never gotten me anything and gives Mr.Man a vacation.

    It doesn't work.

    Maybe I have a better chance of getting a dishaasher if I ask for a diamond ring?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ya have a place to put it?
    The dishwasher, I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your warrior mindset was definitely needed today if you went to the post office.

    Back in the days when I didn't have one either, I asked my husband for a dishwasher. He looked at me, then nodded toward the kids. "You've got two."

    Clever man, that one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's really too bad I sold all my badges like that at a garage sale 4years ago. I would have been happy to send them to you!

    A dishwasher was the first thing I asked for after we moved into our first home 42 years ago. I think they are imperative! Otherwise, use paper plates!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A dishwasher makes life worth living- esp. if he is cute! LOL

    I saved a bunch of buttons that I found on the internet...my favorite?

    "Do I look like I give a shit?"

    I'll have to post them sometime...they are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn! I couldn't see the pictures of the badges, but I have one that would be perfect for you (and me, and my cousin, since our mother's are sisters) - it says something like: My mother doesn't just like guilt trips, she runs the travel agency.

    Something like that. Damn, our families are so much a like its uncanny! un fuckin canny. The whole, "boys are best" bullshit, the spawn of Satan children, the fucking, the drinking, the writing... damn.

    ReplyDelete