Thursday, December 20, 2007

I just wanna be nude...except for a pair of slippers

This morning I got up and the entire world decided to pick on me.
I'm not EVEN exaggerating....

First of all, my foot got hung up in the sheet and I fell out of bed, on my FACE. (Maybe hardwood floors in the bedroom wasn't such a bright idea?)
Then I went to the bathroom where Veggie Stick flew into my face in a rage because she couldn't find her hairspray.
WTF?
I just needed to pee dammit!
Let's just say that REALLY put me in a fantastic mood.
I dropped my pants and used the potty, discovering that I had inadvertently dipped my robe tie in the potty and peed on it, but only after going to tie it of course.THEN there was NO HANDSOAP, so I said "Fuck it!" and used rubbing alcohol until I could muster up the ambition to go to the grocery store and buy soap. (Apparently we have no more bar soap either. I may shower with dish detergent. Thank god I buy the green apple scented.)

ANYWAY...Miss-Know-It-All hadn't gotten her digs in yet, so when I asked her,(simply asked her) if she knew where the hairspray was, she went on the defensive, becoming the victim who is always questioned and harassed in this house. (According to her warped way of thinking.)
Although I was in a bad mood, I let it go and walked away.
That wasn't good enough for her. Since I hadn't impaled myself on a pointy sharp object and seemed to be pain free, she felt the need to follow me and mock me until I lost it and tapped her on the mouth.
Then she screamed child abuse and all that shit and said she hoped it would leave a bruise so she could report me, BLAH BLAH FUCKING BLAH!...and the truth of the matter is that it was more of a pat to warn her to stop, to be quiet because I couldn't get a word in edgewise.
She called me a bitch, liar, whatever else she could think of and that's when I lost my mind.

"YOU THINK I'M A BITCH BUT YOU HAVEN'T EVEN BEGUN TO SEE WHAT A BITCH I CAN BE LITTLE GIRL!!!"



Yeah...so there.
Of course she didn't stop so I was finally forced into cutting her tongue out of her head but a woman has to do what a woman has to do, right?

You know I'm not serious, right?

I drove the ungrateful little witches to school...
(Does anyone else hear the approach of my mother who is supposed to arrive this evening?)



That music is driving me crazy....

Getting back the the morning recap, after driving the evil hell spawn to school and narrowly preventing my transfer to prison by kicking their asses out of the car while it was still moving, I returned home to battle it out with Little Beatle.

Let me tell you something. Ever since that kid began to grow hair in funny places he doesn't have a brain cell that works. His mouthiness has increased faster than the oil companies profit margins. Not only did that little dumbass lie to me and tell me his homework was finished, his father lied to me about checking it.
Needless to say, it was not done.
He barely made it to school on time...

And so this brings me to Mr.Man.
My car needs to be inspected, the tired checked and the oil changed. I'm not helpless and I can do all of those things but it's pretty fucking hard to find time to do it when you're the ONLY ONE WHO EVER CLEANS OR COOKS OR RUNS THE DEMON CHILDREN WHERE THEY NEED TO GO!

I come down hard on the kids and make them do things but it's tough to sell them on the arguement that everyone in the house needs to pitch in and help.Mr.Man, I suppose feels that it all falls on me.Yeah, he works hard and supports us,but he has a three day weekend every week.
Can he not do something on ONE of those three days?
Will he melt if his hand touches dishwater?
Will his head explode if he has to take one of the kids to a function?
Will it really kill him to spend an hour or two once a year to get my car inspected?

I just have to ask...is his behavior because I don't have a job that brings in a paycheck? Would I get more help if he thought I was contributing something?

I don't get it.

Meh....so now it's a little after nine. I'm sitting here trying to enjoy a cup of coffee...



I feel possessed. Now I understand why people snap and going on killing sprees.
Don't worry though...I won't do it. If it weren't for my freakishly long tongue I'd be ok with prison. But you know I'd end up being whored in there the way I'm whored at home.
I might as well have a little freedom combined with the whoredom.

Speaking of whoring yourself out...I guess that the DJ apologized, said he was just playing and didn't take the whole thing seriously and is offering fans the opportunity to buy an egg for a dollar (proceeds go to charity) and throw an egg at him wearing his Michigan shirt.

A man's gotta eat I suppose.

Elderly Hell day at WalMart isn't as bad as Kroger's. I'm not certain what the difference is but I only experienced one OWLH incident.(old White Lady Hate for those of you who are new to the Elderly Hell issues I have.)
There was an elderly lady, cute as a button, who was riding on one of those motorized carts. She was zooming around the store, doing her shopping, looking like a little Mrs.Santa Claus.



Well looks can be deceiving.

The first time I saw her, she whizzed by me, almost hitting one of the employees who was stocking a shelf. I made a mental note to watch out for her, but only because I thought the sweet little dear probably couldn't see well.
In the paper towels isle, I even helped her to reach a roll of paper towels that were decorated the way she liked and met her several times in the aisles.
She didn't run over me once.
Really.
Of course we hadn't reached the baking aisle yet.
Apparently if there is no White Lily flour it turns this nice little old lady into a monster.
Not only did she pitch a fit on me, but she sped down the aisle toward an unsuspecting employee and reamed him a new asshole for a good twenty minutes.
That's all it took.
She swerved into displays and ran into me twice, almost running over my shoe once.
I saw her chucking things on the floor from her buggy...vanilla extract, butter...leaving them laying in the middle of the floor.
She was throwing a bad ass tantrum and didn't care who saw it.
Do you think they'd kick me out of the store if I sat in one of those motorizes buggies and threw shit out of it?
I'm betting yes.

Well anyway my mother is still on her way and the house is a mess. I have a pounding headache and I still have some wrapping to do.
Nothing will be good enough of course but I feel obligated to at least try.
So with that said, the word of the day is "Oh".
As soon as my mother steps foot in my house she will say that, as she eyeballs my less than perfect home making skills and then I will clap my hands wildly and shout and make a lot of noise.

I do what I need to in order to cope my friends.

Speaking of coping, there are hot flashes galore today and if I thought I could get away with it, I'd spend the entire day naked.(Except for my feet because they stay cold during these hormonal fire storms.)

Here is my mood for today but I think it may be a lot of people's moods as well...



It's getting closer to Christmas....sheesh....

16 comments:

  1. Holy Crap! I'm sorry your day is going so badly and you are not insane to think that everyone should chip in and help. Being a stay at home Mom is a job and your on call 24/7 all year. I should thank you though, you make being single and alone seem like a nice thing right now :)
    I hope your day improves. And it's ok with me if you stay naked all day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're wired Blondie.
    Sit back, take a few deep breaths. Think of the ocean. Become one with the universe.
    It won't really help in the slightest, except at least you might catch your breath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'tiz the season for ugliness all around. Your man probably does think that anything in the house is part of your day job. Your 24 hour day job. He needs to be reprogrammed. One thing I really hate is for my wife to keep it all in and then explode at me. I tell her I'm willing to help, just let me know in a civil way. When she yells I just want to tell her to fuck off. So you may want to try talking about it first. Then when nothing changes you can explode and be totally justified.

    Merry Christmas, where's the Tylenol? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ron:You're a gem if a sweaty naked woman is fine ok with you. Most men would run in the other direction.

    SH: Took the deep breaths,swam in the ocean, envisioned drowning the satan children in it...and felt better immediately.
    Just kidding...I feel better now and I'm actually accomplishing something.

    Scott: I have talked to him and he seems far, far away when I am talking. I won't yell because that just makes him mad and he is a lot nastier when he gets mad than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's always vodka.

    Jeepers - tension is running high at your house. Wonder how many points you'd score with Mom if you just didn't celan or organize, adn then let her have the chance to do it the way she wants to when she gets there?

    Failing that, how about accepting the fact that your'e a grown up and you don't HAVE to please your Mom all the time? It took me until I was 45 to get that through my thick skull, and now I simply do not care what she thinks. So.Much.Better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap. You went through all that Hell and it wasn't even 9am yet, Tammie? Eeek. Between the kids and the pee thing, it would have been enough to make me run away and never come back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Evil Twin says the house and kids are my job and he goes to his job and earns money. He does take out the trash, take care of the lawn, change lightbulbs and will clean the dishes and load the dishwasher after I've cooked. So, that's something.

    Maybe if you had Mr. Man clean up after dinner, he'd get you a dishwasher real quick?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jesus Tap Dancin' Christ, I just wanna throw my hands over my ears and run away when you talk about your teenagers.
    They've taken leave of their senses. I took leave of my senses too, for like 8 years when I was that age. My boys are only 8 and 11. My battles have yet to begin.
    I hear you on the housework thing. WTH? When I crash on the couch in the evenings I have to work twice as hard the next day. When he crashes after coming home he's "punched out". When do I get to punch out?

    ReplyDelete
  9. See now, sometimes my dog whines at me a little at night... and I get really annoyed and tell her to go lay down in her chair!

    Uh, yeah, that's all I got. I have no kids. and I work and the SB doesn't, so he's the cleaner of houses AND the taker of cars to the mechanic.

    I think my head would explode if I had to go through even 1/4th of what you just described.

    YOU are a saint!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You need to get some big scary dogs that your mother is afraid to be in the same house with. That way, you visit her house and she does the cleaning.

    On the husband helping, I would stop pushing for it. It seems when they help they become much more critical of the work that you do. Ex-BIL had the sister feeling like she was totally inept at the housekeeping because he liked to clean (and he liked to bitch about having cleaned).

    It's a slippery slope of you let them touch the housework. Even when they volunteer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you should tell us how you really feel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blondie,
    I've always believe that abortion should be legal till the 16th year. Fuck that second trimester shit.

    You've got a problem with your Mr. Well, he has a problem. Most women I know would be happy if their man would give them a 1/2 hour of their time every evening. . . how hard would that be? "Ok, you've got me from 7-7:30, what do you want me to do?" Even a few nights week.
    I got a lot of points when I did that in the old days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, I have a 4 year old girl and it sounds like bad times are a coming. For some reason, I envision little girls as all sweet and nice...surprise!

    I had sympathy pains for Mr. Man. He was probably unaware (as I usually am) that I am in trouble.

    Naked with shoes...hmmmm. I believe I'll talk to my wife about doing some of that....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd leave 1/2 the house a freakin' wreck. Ignore the kids' rooms; close the doors.

    Barely sweep and do dishes.

    When the family freaks out for the next 10 days, calmly state "I don't know. I'm on vacation." Then walk away.

    Also - you should create a time clock, beginning 1/2/08 - when your vacation ends. "Punch in" in the morning - and "punch out" in the evening. After you've punched out, every man is for himself.

    The house may look a little scary for a bit, but it will be ok. Sit back, relax, drink some coffee or tea.

    Whether or not you let them in on this 'secret' is up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If the hot flashes are real then I can help. I found on the interweb that Soy Protien capsules really help to reduce the hot flashes. There is a company called Swanson where we bought them. Theh are called Soy Isoflavinones. Get four BIG bottles. Start taking 4 in the am and 4 in the PM. Adjust up or down after two weeks. My wife stopped having hot flashes while taking them. She stopped for a week and they came back. I have given this advice to quite a few women and have gotten a few kisses for the info. Good luck and have tell your husband you need help..WE are stoopid when it comes to that... Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    greg t
    gtboat@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greg T, I'll be sure to look into that but first I'll need a new excuse to be naked all day.

    I hate having sweaty neck hair but love being nude...too bad there isn't any compromise...

    ReplyDelete