Thursday, August 30, 2007

MA...MA...MA....MA...MOTHER IS COMING!!!!

Oh my GOD! My mother is on her way to my house. I've been cleaning the last four days while fighting off panic attacks.

You have to understand how she is in order to be able to sympathize with me.

My mother dusts beneath her beds EVERY SINGLE DAY!
I dust beneath my beds ONCE A YEAR!! (Maybe)
There's probably enough dust beneath my bed to have a dust dinosaur. Dust Bunnies are the things that hang from the corners of my ceilings.

I'm kind of anal about certain things, like clean clothes and bleached counters and clean fridges and stuff like that, but in the dust department, well...I don't really sweat it. I have to have clean in order to cook, so that's one area I'm anal about.
But as for the rest of my cleaning abilities, I fall miserably short of my mother's expectations.
I'm a clutter pile kind of gal. If it's stacked neatly in a pile, then in my eyes, it's put away.

Neat little piles....that's my way of putting stuff away.

My MOM on the other hand has a place for everything and everything in it's place. She comes to my house and looks around like, "Is it safe to sit here?" and "Will anything fall on me if I sit here?"

Let's just say that we both have our own way of cleaning.

It makes me nervous when she visits. I've drawn a blank all week about what to write because all I have been able to think about is her visit and her critiquing of my house.

I'm still not done cleaning but that's ok. I can always blame part of the mess on the kids.

Heh...heh...those dirty brats! They are slobs!!! BWAHAHAHA!!!

Yeah...she doesn't fall for that either.

*SIGH*

So...the stuff I have left I will carry to the basement. Then the mountain of laundry that's laying in my bedroom in clothes baskets will become a pretty little loveseat after I cover it with a throw.
Er...maybe that will work. I haven't actually tried it yet.

Ok...so it's time to get back to work. I'll just have to let you know how things went when she leaves Monday.

Lots of alcohol will help me cope until then.

*GRIN*

Wish me luck!!!

I hope everyone has a nice Labor Day weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. Honey? you and I were separated at birth. My Mom is the same.

    Sigh, breathe deep, and hand her the duster...

    ReplyDelete