Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cops, Robbers and me...

Monday night we went over to clean up the Little League field. There was trash still left from the tournaments in July that had been ripped open and strewn all over the place. Plus there was the nastiest, smelliest bags of rotting grass EVER.
It was completely disgusting.
My partners in crime were two of the finest officers I know. One is a city cop and one is a deputy sheriff.
Big guys..people I feel safe around, you know?
They had loaded most of the ripped open trash by the time I arrived..(fashionably late had it's advantages on this particular day.) Of course the nasty, smelly stuff wasn't loaded though.
One of the men, grabbed a bag of it and started gagging. The other man made his way to the opposite side of the truck.
While I have to admit, it was nasty...very nasty...(think rotting ox carcass filled with horse shit while laying in a swamp and you're getting close to the smell.)..it wasn't THAT nasty. I ended up loading the rest of it while they gagged and shuffled around watching me. Then I got to clean up the maggoty trash laying on the trailer bed that hadn't been picked up yet.They don't do maggots either I guess.
Is it just me or don't they train policemen to deal with the nastier things in life?
I'm not picking on them, really I'm not. I just thought it was funny that the yankee farm girl could tolerate the icky nasties better than the redneck cops.

I really do love the two of them though. Even after they tried to get me to wash the bed of the truck out after they'd dumped the trash...in the nude.

Yeah..right...

Tonight we mow. Mowing and trimming and taking inventory of equipment. Then next week we begin fall ball. Should be pretty fun for the kids and after all, that's why we do this so I'm not complaining about it.
I want the kids to have a good ball program in our city so I will do whatever it takes to help make it happen.

I survived another Elderly Hell day. I didn't have to go out until later in the day so I missed most of them, but there were still a few near misses. I almost got hit by a blue haired lady in a black Lincoln Continental as I was pulling out of the store parking lot and then I nearly got backed into while I was pumping gas at GoMart.
I'm going to invest in one of those orange safety vests for Tuesdays. Maybe some neon stripes I can stick to the old station wagon too. I'm wondering if the guy who painted his house orange here in town, had a different reason for painting it besides the color scheme.
We do live in the Florida of West Virginia...

I have a question...
Should guys shave their feet hair?
Yes?
No?
This is the current debate in my house right now. My daughter says, "Ewww....yes."
But her boyfriend (the one with the hairy feet) says, "No. It'll grow back hairier."

Dear Lord I wish I hadn't heard THAT conversation today. Now how am I supposed to walk past him without STARING at the hairy feet??? He's got big feet too. Like a size 13 shoe...

I get hair on my big toes but it's only like a couple and I pluck them. I bet you were dying to know that huh?

I knew you were...

You know....I wonder if I went along with the truck washing if I could get me a pair of handcuffs with a set of keys? I might have to rethink that whole deal...a girl like me could use some handcuffs occasionally.

*Grin*

Have a nice afternoon. I'm going to run past the feet and clean the bathroom upstairs.

2 comments:

  1. I don't expect men to shave more than their faces. I appreciate a well groomed crotch area, though (not shaved completely, but a decent trim). LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manscaping is a huge deal, isn't it?

    I don't care about feet or crotch or chest hair one tiny bit. And that's just on ME!

    Heh.

    No, guys should not have to shave their feets. They'd complain too much about the maintenence anyhow.

    ReplyDelete