Monday, September 24, 2007

Mondays are the diarrhea of life

I fucking hate Mondays.
Yep...almost all Mondays suck.
Tuesdays are almost as bad but as long as I don't go out among the elderly hell patrol, I'm good to go.

I'm kind of stressed because I have a couple of deadlines looming over me. I feel like I'm being followed but that giant green dude who sells canned green beans. And I'm worried he's going to stomp me into the ground, smash me flat and it will all be over except for the crying.(Cause I like to think that people would cry if I wasn't around.)


How does a homemaker, a woman who doesn't even get paid end up with looming deadlines?
Because I'm a fucking idiot. I'm a complete and total dumbass who doesn't know how to say no.
Ok..I'm being hard on myself.
I do know how to say no. It's just that I always THINK I have more time to do things than I actually do.
Some people would say that's called "Procrastination."
I prefer to think of it as, "time comprehension impaired".
Come on...we all suffer from it.
We think we can do a forty hour job in a mere day. I know LOTS of people who go to work forty hours but actually only do eight hours of actual work.
I guess you could say that I'm convinced that my volunteer bullshit is like a normal job. So dammit, I can also accomplish forty hours of work in eight.

Is it too early for beer?

I'm beginning to wonder about the men I see in Krogers. I saw some dude scratching his head yesterday and looking at me. I wanted to walk up and ask him if he is a "WVSR surfer" but then I was concerned that maybe I'd met him under less than gracious circumstances before...
I'm not a bad girl by any means, but things happen to me that make me look like a bad girl.
But I'm not a bad girl.

Er....this is a picture of me in my Halloween costume. Really...I'm serious.

Anyway...stepping right along. What will all of you be for Halloween this year? I am going to be a Viking. Have I mentioned this before? Because I'm thinking that maybe I did.
I'll be a Viking with the first signs of dementia kicking in...hahaha

I have to get off here and work. I was almost forgetting that I had to do that, so I'm going to get busy now.

See? Not a procrastinator...

4 comments:

  1. Dude - volunteer work IS work. Don't let ANYONE tell you it's not.

    Also? I don't have a costume. Maybe I'll just flash my boobs and go as recycling ("wrinkled old bag" and all)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammie,
    Love the blog, btw. I found you though the wvsr. As my wife would say, you have boundry issues! This is a great book my wife and I have read. We suffered from the same thing.... http://www.amazon.com/Boundaries-Inspirio-Zondervan-Miniature-Editions/dp/0762421029/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-0357289-4676103?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1190720116&sr=8-1

    Great costume!
    mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the book reference. I'm going to check it out. Believe it or not, I'm not nearly as busy as I used to be. I have dropped down from volunteering for nine different organizations to only two.
    While I tens to stretch myself pretty thin, I have to admit I'm pretty good at multi-tasking as long as it's not housework. For some bizarre reason I have a hard time staying focused..hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tammie,
    Yeah, there's always the 'have to dos', 'want to dos' and the 'wtf was I thinking to dos'. We've really cut down on the latter and it makes a huge difference.....
    m.
    p.s. I don't know anyone that gets pumped up to do housework....

    ReplyDelete