Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sick...beat it out with a stick!

That's right...I've got another bought with the bleh...
I don't know if it's a fucking cold or some other bullshit garbage but you know...I don't need it. No one likes to be sick. Damn bugs going around...eh..

This past weekend was so hectic. I really don't have much fun at those extra-curricular things either. It's too much kid drama, adult drama, exhaustion and I spend too much money. I'd rather lay around drunk and screw. That's cheap, relaxing AND excitingly enjoyable entertainment in my book...

I don't really know where to begin with the details of things so I won't. Instead I'm going to ramble on and on about other things on my mind.

First of all, have you ever been around someone who SAYS they like you, but doesn't really seem all that enthused about being around you? What I'm talking about is someone who tells you they like you, who seems to like you, but when you're around them, it's almost like they can't get away from you fast enough. In fact, they go out of their way to avoid you.It's almost like it depends on their mood. If they're in the mood to talk to you, then they will, if not...then they avoid you or ignore you.
They even tell you to call but they almost never answer your call and they hardly ever return your call. Oh yeah...and they don't call you...you're always the one calling.

Maybe it's just me but it sends me an entirely different message than they one they keep telling me....



I'm just saying...that's all....

My Christmas tree is still up and damnit, it was supposed to come down yesterday but I felt like I couldn't work fast enough to get everything done. I didn't even leave the house until almost five to get groceries and I still couldn't get it done. I suppose I'll have to tackle that this afternoon.



We had some snow this morning and five thousand fender-benders. I drove in it, but being from Maine, I know better than to assume a black road means it's clear, dry pavement. Some people assumed wrong and slid on the black ice into the rear bumper of someone else's car. Thankfully I wasn't involved in any of those mishaps...especially since it's Elderly Hell day, (the reason for my late night rush to the grocery store last night)but it was a mess out there this morning.

Some old fucker in a white minivan almost ran over me as I walked toward City Hall too...Then he gave me a dirty look like it was MY fault! I was walking on the sidewalk you stupid shit!!!

You know...I'm giving up for now. I feel REALLY bad and I think I should take some 'cough' syrup and go lie down...



Cranberry 'cough syrup' is one of my favorites....

Maybe after a nap I can muster up enough energy to finish what I wanted to write before my head explodes...

10 comments:

  1. Sorry, I keep failing to return the calls, but I've been busy... I always find it amazing the number of people that just forget what it's like to drive in cold weather year after year. Hope your feeling better soon this is a nasty bug thats going around it just doesnt seem to let go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Tammie, please take care of yourself. You already know what I've been through with this "cold"...drink a bunch of fluids (alcohol does NOT count, my friend, sorry) and keep the house warm. Don't be breathing in any cold air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can put a little Vicks on your chest if you like. That allways helped whern I was younger...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, cough syrup.

    Feel better soon please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put some orange juice into that vodka. You need Vitamin C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the cootie bugs. Ya know, you spend too much time around others - that's where those germs come from. Oh, and the grocery cart handles too. You know those elderly folks ain't too handy on their butt wiping skillz...(hope it at least made you snicker a little).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. God, how I used to love Nyquil when I was sick. Denis Leary says it's "the 13th fucking step."

    Curmy's from Mass and the total fear of black ice around here cracks him up. He says people talk about it like the black ice is goign to come and get them in their sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you've got the "ick" again. That sux.
    I know what you mean about people that keep you on the line in case all their other friends are busy. I'm not putting time into people like that anymore. Why is it so hard to find someone to be friends with that isn't a total effin' freak?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe the movie, Soylent Green, had it right and the elderly should be ground up for food. Serve them right. Freakin' Charleton Heston had to screw it up and squeal.
    I think the age was 50, not sure. I hope you all enjoy me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...have you ever been around someone who SAYS they like you, but doesn't really seem all that enthused about being around you?

    You just described my wife!

    hehehe

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete