Friday, January 25, 2008

A sacrifice...yeah...that's the ticket!!

I've made my decision about Lent.
I really likes ETW's suggestion of making a sacrifice. As you all know, I already volunteer for every stupid thing I can because I can't say NO. (I do have four kids and that's part of why I do.)



Well..it's that AND the fact that sex is my hobby...

ANYWAY...getting back to the sacrifice thing....
I've decided to sacrifice the hairdresser who cut my hair. I think it would be a great thing to do for Lent and QUITE a sacrifice indeed.

I struggled with choosing something of course, but in the end I knew this was the thing I could live giving up the most. I can't BELIEVE I actually considered giving up sex for Lent.
Damn...what the hell was I on yesterday?

The hairdresser must be sacrificed.
At first I thought that maybe the haircut was punishment for hacking off all my Barbie's hair as an amateur hairdresser at the ripe old age of twelve. Poor Barbie used to get a haircut and it looked so God awful that soon Ken's eyes wandered to flat chested, jail bait Skipper.
I can't tell you how many times MY haircutting ability ended in Barbie's failed relationship with Ken and Ken's stint in the jail for hooking up with Skipper.
Sad...it was all very sad indeed.
And I didn't learn my lesson either. I kept on cutting and cutting until finally I felt like I'd mastered the Barbie haircut.



Do kids even play with Barbie's anymore?

Wait...they have these things.....



Now hold on one minute! They used to preach to us about Barbie not looking like a real woman but what the hell are these dolls supposed to look like?

Oh wait a minute...NOW I see...



Meh...I prefer Barbie any day...

So..I'm getting ready to go out of town, minus Mr.Man. THAT should be pretty interesting. I hope some foreigner doesn't offer one of my friends money to buy me again. That's SO humiliating...

That's all I have time for today but in honor of ETW, I will make the word of the day..."pee pee"

My mood and probably my mood for the entire weekend is this...



I'm TIRED! Truthfully I wish we weren't even going out of town...but you know how it is...I'll Do ANYTHING for my kids on account that I love them and all that stuff....

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll be looking forward to my Lenten sacrifice when I get back!!

13 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... sacrificing a hairdresser, a very interesting idea. I'm not sure if it will be approved of by the church, but sounds like a good time. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've banned the Bratz from our house.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hairless Barbie heads are quite disturbing. LOL

    Have fun out there...but don't be gone too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a no Bratz rule, also. Please don't sacrifice MY hairdresser... go see her and she will fix it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbies are evil. Bratz are Barbie's overlords.

    Transformers, on the other hand, rock. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Transformers DO rock!

    I'm getting ready to head out....wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please tell me what keeps Charo from pitching forward and falling flat on her face?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like a nice big set of legs. . . spread. . . on the edge of the bed.
    Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In college, I gave up Coke...I was drinking 6 a day. I haven't had one since. I have also given up fast food. On easter Sunday, I hit up Jack in the Box with my then boyfriend and at the BEST bacon cheesburger and curly fries...and don't forget the shake.

    This is my first time commenting but I've been reading a while! Love YA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like ETW, we're anti-bratz. I call them Slutz. There's no way The Peanut is going to get any of those.

    What am I giving up for Lent?

    Self-denial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's not a Barbie haircut! That's a BRITNEY SPEARS haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'll give up Calculus for Lent.

    Good luck on the trip. If someone tries to buy you just tell them that you have a compulsion, nay duty to write about the trip when you return.

    I, for one, cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete