Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Snowy, blowy, snow

Yesterday I received a package from Maine.
Of course there were the usual goodies in it...a few homemade things from Nana...some Aroostook Republican newspapers(not politically affiliated with the Republican party..that's just the name of it)...trinkets for the kids and gum (Nana thinks I don't allow my children to have gum for some weird reason) and pictures!
I LOVE getting pictures from home!!!
In fact these pictures were so special I'm going to share them with you...

The winter this year has been pretty snowy. In fact Nana said it's like the winters they had when I was a little girl. Judging by this picture, I'd say she's right.



This road, by the way, is one of the main roads in New Sweden. The roads stay snow covered for the most part and that's probably why they mix salt and sand together to treat the roads. Without the sand, there'd be no traction and it would take insane amounts of salt to treat those roads.
The plow trucks come through and fill the end of everyone's driveway(as you can see in this picture)....



My uncle had better get busy shoveling...LOL

This is a picture taken from the road, looking across the front lawn to my Nana's house.



Nana has a two story house and all you can see is the roof. Normally, there is a lamp post in the middle of the front lawn, with a planter around it. In the summer, we have a screen tent up, with a picnic table and chairs in in.
I hope all that snow is gone before I get there....

Last but not least...here is a picture of the little barn in the back yard. Mr.Man can stand straight up in the center of it. He's six foot, two inches.



Nana wrote on the back of that picture that she hoped it would still be standing when the snow melts. Apparently they are having a hard time getting to it to shovel the snow off the roof.

So yeah...that's snow. Maine snow. I know some of you have also seen huge snow like that this year where you live, so you won't be as shocked as the others who don't get much more than a half a foot or so....maybe...but I wanted to share.

Anyhow, that's basically going to do it for me today. I have to get busy cleaning because I have the time today and won't have any time the rest of the week.

The word of the day is going to be "condescending".
Yeah...I know it's a big word and everything, but I read a blog post yesterday and it was the first thing that popped into my tiny little mind. I even looked it up in the dictionary just to make sure that my dumbed-down version of blogging hadn't deteriorated my brain cells.

I might not be college educated or write blogs that read like law books, but at least I'm not condescending...
I don't pretend to be anything I'm not...and I don't believe I'm any better than anyone else.



AHHH!!!HEH HA! HEH HA!!! CLAPS HANDS!!!

With that mini-irritation rant concluded (WOW...another big word), here is my mood for today....



Yes...I am actually in the mood to clean today. In fact, I think I'll spruce up a few things and get rid of a couple things I no longer feel that I need to subject myself to any longer...

See ya later Oh perspicacious one!(wow...another big word)

11 comments:

  1. Well I got a lot of snow here in Columbus, but nothing like what happened in your pictures, thankfully. Ummm if your really in the mood to clean my place is a mess... darn nobody ever volunteers when I try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes miss snow. Like, once a year.

    OK - I HAVE to know, who wrote the condescneding post? Dish, woman!!

    Happy cleaning. DO it naked and it takes on a whole new 'feel.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm... if you clean naked then I really would like you to come clean my place :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you on the "feeling like cleaning" - that only happens to me about once a month and NOT a good time of month, either (damn, I want that hysterectomy!).

    I feel bad complaining about WV snow when I see pics of people who really get it bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No THAT'S snow! I'm not saying I wouldn't get tired of that but I wish the boys could see that kind of snow just once or twice! How cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I lived somewhere that had snow like that, I'd hire a moving van so quick it would make MY head swim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm didn'y know that Sweedland had actual roads! hehehehehe
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that I don't live there any more.

    So, so glad.

    My sister lives approximately 30 minutes from New Sweden, and has been tortured with similar amounts of snow.

    I tell her that's what she gets for living on the Canadian border.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pictures you find to add to your blog. Notice how the lady doing the cleaning is so happy and all smiles? Do you suppose that was some sort of government propaganda?

    If they had the same pictures drawn today, it would feature some gal sitting on the couch watching Oprah with a pile of laundry next to her, busily not being folded.

    Not that anything like that happens in my house.

    ReplyDelete