Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Perilous journey of illness...

Day three: I'm still sick. I find myself drifting in and out of consciousness.. In an attempt to keep hydrated I keep sipping an unknown liquid from a cup Mr.Man left me before he went to work.
It makes me want to barf.
I drink it anyway...

(slips into dreamland)

(Awake again):I THINK I'm alone. I hope the kids went to school. I made arrangements for them to ride with other people and threatened to shave heads and throw out any clothes with holes in them if they took advantage of me and stayed home. I crawled out of bed and sat on the "potty of death" for an hour. I feel like shit. Then I realized the nasty liquid in the cup was gone so this meant a trip downstairs to replenish my liquids.

Oh my God the house is a WRECK! What a disaster! Are they leaving this crap for me to clean up when I feel better?

(Walks to the utility closet and grabs matches and old newspapers. Considers burning house down but then reconsiders...only because of the weakened state and possibility of not getting out in time....)

Damn...I can't believe they'd leave this garbage for me to clean up.

(Walks into kitchen...Hmmm...the dishes are clean. That's probably enough to save them all from punishment....maybe...)

Wow...I'm burning up. I feel like I'm standing over a BBQ spit. Where's that stuff Mr.Man's been putting in my cup?

(Walks to the fridge and looks in. Find Vitamin Water in orange flavor...loads cup with ice and grabs bottle...walks to living room and collapses on couch. Drinks some...turns on TV...Watches self improvement shows and drifts in and out of sleep...dreaming about redecorating my furniture with dresses and painting pictures with used shoes and toothbrushes.)

I am not a TV person and that's probably the worst thing about being so sick. It seems like everything on TV is about improving yourself, your house, your marriage, your kids...it's like according to TV, you're not doing anything right and they can help you fix it.

I'm not so unhappy with everything that I need THAT much help?
I have to pee...

(A trip upstairs to the bathroom and that fact that I CAN actually pee gives me hope that I'm almost through the worst of it. I decide to go back downstairs and try eating a piece of toast. It will be the first real food I've kept down since Sunday.)

I ate the toast...it's stayed down for an hour now...so here I am.

I sure hope I can get back to my normal routine tomorrow. I'm WAY too tired to write anymore.

Everyone take care...

7 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Toast is the first step to healing or is it crackers? Anyway if you kept it down you are heading in the right direction. Focus on sleeping, drinking and eating what you can. Hope you feel much better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that whatever is going around is eeeevil. Rest, rehydrate and get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God I haven't gotten the stomach crud -- the nose/chest crud was bad enough!

    Get well fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean dishes and "something in your cup" are pretty decent nurturing...but if I were you I'd play this illness out as LOOOONG as possible.

    Feel alltheway better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You poor thing. My husband and I were just saying last night, that it's amazng that no one in our family hasn't gotte this stuff yet. I really, REALLY hope we didn't curse ourselves!!!

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I really have been wondering how you were doing. How weird is that? I've never met you but I've been thinking about how you are. Even been worried after you.
    Small consolation huh?
    Hope your toast stays put.
    ((((((BG)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry that you're sick!

    Rest, relax and write when you feel better!

    ReplyDelete