Friday, June 29, 2007

Pretty!

As I was on my way home from the store, I noticed that one of the houses I drove by still has Christmas balls hanging from the tree in front of it.
Now we're not talking about little balls or a little tree. We're talking about some big freakin mother balls and a tall ass towering tree.
When I saw them this past December, I was amazed at the fact that someone would even have been able to even get them hung up in the tree to begin with. I wouldn't have even contemplated the thought about someone having to remove them as well.
So I'm thinking, as I'm driving, that maybe...just maybe...the person who put them up there didn't live through the first attempt to decorate?
I'm not a morbid person, but you have to ask yourself that question. At the very least you'd be forced to think that maybe they sustained a horrible injury or some other equally hideous thing that had kept them from removing the giant balls from the mammoth tree.
It must be something because otherwise those massive balls wouldn't still be hanging there.

I'm dreading this evening.

We are still in the midst of "tournaments". Stupid Little League tournaments!!! I'm tired of Gatorade and hotdogs. I am sick of watching parents froth at the mouth and make asses of themselves because they think it was a "bad call."

I'm just plain old tired.

So if I can get through the next couple of days and finish this up, I'll be happy. It's the reason I have been bitchy and distracted and haven't felt inspired to write much.

Hope the weekend is a good one...can't believe that July is upon us already...wow..

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you - can't believe it's July already (almost)! The summer is nearly over and it seems to just be zooming by!

    ReplyDelete