Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No body cavity search...but close.

Have you ever spent a day walking around in a total fog?
How about a week?
A month?
YOUR WHOLE LIFE?

Welcome to the life of the Blonde Goddess.


"I have no idea what's going on...."

As I drove through my fair city this morning, I waved at the policemen whom I'm well acquainted and went about my business.
As I continued driving, they pulled out behind me but I wasn't concerned because I wasn't speeding and I wasn't doing anything wrong.

So as I pulled onto the interstate and they turned their lights on, I pulled over so they could pass, assuming there was an accident or something they were going to.

NOPE.

They pulled in behind me.
The officer walked up to me and asked me if I knew why I'd been pulled over.
Of course I DIDN'T know why and it was written all over my face.
So I said, "I don't know. Is there a taillight out or something?"

He chuckled and said that not only was my inspection sticker dead, but so was my registration. Then he asked for my driver's license, registration and proof of insurance.

I almost shit myself.

I have never so much as had an accident, let alone a speeding ticket or even a written warning.

NEVER...

It was pretty embarrassing to realize that I had allowed these two things to slip by unnoticed.
I'm mean, I'm not the most organized person in the world but I do tend to stay on top of things.

Anyway, he came back with a ticket and a grand total of almost $700.00 dollars in fines, allowed me to suffer a mini-stroke at the sight of it, and then said he'd dismiss the ticket if I'd come in with proof I'd fixed the problem by Saturday.
Then he wrote a note along the side of the ticket stating the same thing and gave me my copy.

WHEW!

SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!

THANK GOD I CAN FIX IT WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY THAT!

He told me that the expression on my face was enough to convince him that I honestly didn't have a clue it had all expired, so he was cutting me some slack.

I told him I was "blonde impaired and probably needed my own handler."

He was still laughing about it when I drove off.

I'm still working on the blogroll and stuff. If you don't see your name on there, don't panic. If you haven't commented already just leave me a reminder. I'm blonde...I need the help.

See you tomorrow....

15 comments:

  1. My (limited) experience with traffic cops has been that if you're even a little bit polite and civilized with them, they're decent people.
    Whip an attitude out on them, though, and you'll be very, very sorry -- as you mentioned, they've got a LOT of leeway to work in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should not be allowed to own a vehicle. I simply can NOT remember to do all the stuff I'm supposed to do. Hell, I get nervous any time I pass a cop cause I'm pretty sure there's SOMETHING I forgot to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would take getting pulled over for it for my husband to even notice. I have to take care of the mundane things like that! Good thing he has me, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice.

    I got pulled over at 3am once delivering computer parts to my buddy from my other buddy.

    He saw a keyboard sticking out of a bag on the seat.

    He let me off.

    Nice guy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the thing that shocked me the most was the AMOUNT of the fines. It completely blew me away. I had NO idea it was that steep. WOW..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave is right. That happened to me back in the 70's, when my kids were small. I told the cop that I had been trying to get my husband to take my car in for a month, and he let me go with a warning like yours. The fines were $90, but that was a fortune to me back then! You can believe mr. kenju took the car in the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always something Not Of My Doing, but I get pulled over routinely for expired plates. Everything's always paid - but it's one thing or another - forget to put the sticker on, sticker delivered to wrong address, etc.

    They watch for me. One time I got stopped 5 minutes after midnight. Another time, I made it nearly 12 hours.

    So far, they've never nailed me for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Probably one of the dumbest things I ever did went like this:

    Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over?
    Me: Yea Yea, I don't need a lecture, just give me the fucking ticket!

    I ended up with three extra tickets and a near arrest for harassing an officer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I once got pulled-over and told the police officer that he looked like a stripper-cop.

    No ticket.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This happened to the Evil Twin a few years ago. I think just his sticker was bad, so it wasn't as much, but he gave TET a certain period of time to take care of it. Guess who was at the courthouse the next day? (Hint
    : it wasn't him).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Consider yourself lucky you weren't tased! LOL, glad the guy was a human being and let you just fix it without paying the fines.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 700 balls? I wonder if cleavage would have helped matters?

    Meh. At least you can remedy it! Thank GOODNESS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank goodness your charm got you out of a whopper of a ticket! I was pulled over once in high school for loud exhaust (it fell off my green '83 Chevy Caprice Classic) the officer let me off with a warning and I had to bring it in once it was fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. $700???? In MA it is only $50 for inspection, unregistered, they arrest you and impound the car

    ReplyDelete
  15. Surprised the DPD didn't yank you out of your car, have it crushed and sentence you to life at Dunbar Towers. LOL!

    ReplyDelete