Tuesday, June 9, 2009

HI HO HI HO...

Hi Ho's are creme filled aren't they?
Or is that Ho Ho's?


"THAT'S A BEER GUT! IT'S NOT CREME FILLING!"

Anyway, as you can see I'm diligently working to reload my blog roll. If you have a moment and you don't see your name on there, can you leave me a link or something? It would be greatly appreciated. That shit is time consuming!

I need to find time to redo my cast of characters list too. If I get the urge to write about Helly or Spock, there will be confusion...and we can't have that can we?


"Spock used to steal cigarettes from his parents store. He never got caught.The Olsens were convinced the rats were hauling off with packs of cigarettes to build nests,(even though they'd never even SEEN a rat anywhere near their store)."

See? Some of you have NO IDEA what I'm talking about.
Don't be alarmed...the cast of characters will return all in good time.

So far Little Beatle seems to be sticking it out at camp. I brought him and Miss KIA to camp on Sunday and in spite of his poison ivy, he wanted to go, so I let him.
I was worried that he might be hesitant to be away from me,(because he's never done that before) but he was really ok with it. In fact, I unwittingly walked around the registration process with my fly wide open (which I didn't discover until I sat down in my car).
If he or Miss KIA caught that, then there were probably just ITCHING to get AWAY from me.

Come to think of it, they both chose to walk down to the cabins instead of riding with me. Maybe it was the fact that I was sitting alone in my car laughing my ass off about my fly being unzipped?



Nah...

Last night I relaxed with my neighbor and her girlfriend. We had a few drinks on the porch and talked about the Jesus Police. It was a lot of fun and we laughed like idiots.
I really needed that. It was great to laugh that hard.

Today I will try to gather my thoughts a little more and continue to read both of the books I'm enthralled with, which I can't put down.

The Beginning by Catherine Coulter is actually two of her novels in one book. I don't think I've ever read anything by her before but this has held my interest and there is a good flow to the writing, which I enjoy.
The other book I can't put down is Rise the Euphrates by Carol Edgarian. This book is about a woman who survived the 1915 Turkish massacre of the Armenians. It goes into her story and also draws in her granddaughter and how that event affects the entire family. It's honestly a very good book.

Anyway, I'm just yammering on and on.

I'm not going anywhere but you know how it is...when you get a bad sunburn, you try to stay out of the sun for awhile.



So I think I'll kick back and read....

That's all I've got for now.

LINKS! LINKS! Don't forget!

24 comments:

  1. The next chapter you read, rad for me. I'd LOVE to be doing just that right about now! Yay for good book!

    You have my link aw-reddy. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Link Link Link....

    What freaking link...you don't want it. I swear.

    hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally I read a lot, but I've been totally unable to focus. I've actually found a couple books by authors I like and I totally have no inclination to want to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding Rise of the Euphreties or how ever the hell it's spelled to my summer reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new blog!!! I wish I could do my own like that. I have os many ideas, but dont have a clue what to do!!!
    I think it is great that you made the time to sit on your porch and laugh with a girfriend. Times like that are vey necessary!!! Ho, Hos are creme filled...I should know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think BG is back....

    I'm ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I read more in the summer than I do in the winter.Winter is for TV. Summer is for the pool and books. Ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your new header, Tammy. I'm thinking of adding it to my desktop---but not at work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the new header!! Now I really want something new. I don't know why there's a fish in her butt crack though, I thought it would be a cell phone.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your page is looking better! You're making great progress. Yes, you need to get that cast of characters back up. There are only so many hours in a day though (believe me I know)!

    Love Love Love the new header! Enjoy the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ive heard some good things about Catherine Coulter too....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for playing my caption this game! You got honorable mention for your funny entry.

    PS-Read a couple books for me. I don't read nearly enough!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um... is it me, or does it look like Spock is finishing up a bomber doobie? I mean, that doesn't look like any kind of manufactured cigarette I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was surprised to see you're reading Coulter's book. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Switch to wordpress, much easier to keep track of the blogroll

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't some time on your butt with a book you enjoy refreshing in a way? I've just rediscovered it after a couple of years and it's really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you!
    I now have 2 recommended books on my list.

    I am currently reading a series by Nora Roberts (Penned as JD Robb)that has recurring characters and is set in futuristic NYC. Very mag. Her vision of future technology is interesting and real. We have so much to look fwd to.

    Never read something like
    Rise the Euphrates by Carol Edgarian but it sounds interesting.
    Seriously. TY.
    Catherine Coulter is one of my favorites but I am not sure if I read The Beginning. Will have to check.

    Congrats on adding the grooveshark embedded music player. It is totally easy to add to your site and practically any song you are looking for is there.
    Awesome!

    I always thought the blogroll was kept via the website and you just log in to retrieve the code to the sites you added.. Maybe you were using something different? I dunno.
    I use wordpress but I do not use an app that does a blog roll but I know they are out there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm diggin' the new banner across the top... It works.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Biff Spiffy!
    Catherine Coulter...NOT ANN!GAH!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Citzen X, actually The Beginning is both The Cove and The Maze in one book. I couldn't put it down and I will certainly look for more books from Catherine Coulter.

    I also read Nora Roberts (as both herself and J.D. Robb)

    Being a book hound it's not uncommon for me to have as many as three books going at one time. I'm fortunate to be able to read quickly and can get through as many as 7-10 books a week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have read both those Coulter books and I couldn't put them down either.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh then if you have read the JD Robb .. I totally love the Peabody character.

    Sometimes..
    And I do this with movie makers and book writers alike...

    Don't you just kinda sit back and appreciate producers and writers because they spend years on a project just to entertain us?

    So many movies and books I never want to end and it makes me appreciate them for all of their hard work.. just for us
    -- the viewers/readers
    Ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  23. What? I duck outa here for a couple of weeks and come back to find that the furniture has been all moved around.

    Wow, cool!

    You could throw my link up there if you want but my blog's been kind of dying a slow death . . . so there prolly won't be a whole lot to follow there.

    I keep checking in here tho' cuz blonde goddess rocks.

    ReplyDelete