Thursday, March 19, 2009

White as a ghost?

Last night at the dinner table, one of Veggie Sticks friends turned white and couldn't speak.
Of course Mr.Man and I thought maybe she was choking or something, so we both rushed out of our chairs to help her.
Just as we got up, she stammered, "I just saw a little boy standing behind you Veggie Stick. He was white and glowing. Didn't anyone else see him?"

Of course no one else saw him.
There was a total of eight of us at the dinner table and Veggie Stick was sitting next to me. The rest of the crowd was busy grabbing their food before it disappeared.

Regardless of what it is that Veggie Stick's friend saw, it brought to mind Little Beatle's imaginary friend.
He acquired an imaginary friend when we moved into our house ten years ago. He was three and that's normally the time that most kids get an imaginary friend, so we didn't think that much about it.
He called him, "Ghost friend."
Hey..it's not Ralph or Bert or Tootles but it's what he chose to call him.

Honestly we didn't think that much about it.
He'd spend hours playing with Ghost friend in his room or outside in the yard. He'd make comments about Ghost friend sitting next to him watching TV or eating lunch with him...you know...normal imaginary friend stuff.

A couple of weird things happened with Ghost friend...
One of the things that made us wonder about Ghost friend, is that Little Beatle told us that Ghost friend said the bathroom used to be his bedroom. Little Beatle was only four years old when he told us that. And it's true that the bathroom used to be a bedroom in this house. My house is almost 100 years old. They did some remodeling in the thirties which included putting a bathroom in upstairs.
We thought that was weird...

Then when Little Beatle was five, we went to Massachusetts to visit our friends, The Bread Beast, Gucci Gal and their son, Hockey Pro.
We arrived at their house, settled in, slept, then got up spent the day touring Boston.
When we got back to the house later that night, Little Beatle goes up to Gucci Gal and says, "Ghost friend is outside on the roof and wants to know if he can come inside."

Well my friend, FLIPS OUT!
She tells Little Beatle that there's no room in the house for Ghost friend,(in a very nice voice) and then comes down stairs and demands, "WHO THE HELL IS GHOST FRIEND!?".

Ghost friend, imaginary friend...it all seemed the same to us.Gucci Gal was horrified that we were so casual about it.

But last night REALLY upset Veggie Stick's friend.
She was truly afraid and white as a ghost....
I don't know what to make of it, but I do know that her reaction was real.

So does this mean we have the ghost of a four or five year old boy in our house?



Who knows?

I know some people don't believe in ghosts.
What do you think?

I lost the gladiator fight today so Miss KIA is getting ready to do homework on the computer...I'll sure be glad when next week comes and I can have the computer all to myself during the day again...

Hopefully I'll get back here tomorrow...see ya then.

22 comments:

  1. jeezum crow batman! This post gave me the willies! I am covered in goose bumps.

    Um, yeah, seems like you might have a ghost. Freaky.

    Seems like he may be friendly tho!

    Research time! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really DO believe in ghosts. I'll make this quick. My mother and sister moved into a condo in Parkersburg - they were the 2nd owner. The first were constantly upset and moved abruptly. Yes, there was a ghost of a little 5 year old boy (named Jason by my sister) and he was actually a "help" to them although he like to move things around. When my mother was choking one night - he woke my sister to get help. TRUE!! When I visited and my daughter was six, she had a conversation (of sorts) with this apparition. When I left to come home...I packed EVERYTHING in my car. When I got home I could not find the bag with the dirty clothes..it was sitting in the dryer at my sisters. The little scamp was playing games. YES I BELIEVE! There is more to this story - but I won't bore you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly believe that things exist that we don't understand. Some people are more sensitive than others. I don't think that you can ever disprove the possibility of ghosts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you know how I feel about this -- I think you commented on my story about Joseph (then 3-years-old) seeing kids playing in the graveyard. Creepy!

    There is some kind of belief in ghosts in every culture in the world, and has been since the dawn of time. There might be something to it.

    I just wish I could see what Joseph saw so I could feel certain. Until then, I'm just going to have to say "it could happen."

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well at least you got a kid ghost. We used to have an annoying old man who turned the drawers upside down so that when you opened them everything fell out.

    Does Beatle still see him? I'll assume not since you didn't say so. Freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is freaky but I am not inclined to NOT believe in ghosts. I have never 'seen' one but I have experienced some freaky shit! At least he does sound relatively harmless if Beatle hung out with him all that time. You should ask him about it.

    Trisha aka Bitchy McBitcherson

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what to believe. I know that Mormons haunt us every now and then, appearing on the porch, or in the driveway, or in the backyard, glowing with their white shirts and black pants, like long dead IBM executives from a time long ago.

    Honestly, I don't know what I believe until I see that glowing white boy myself. In the meantime, I guess you should just pray that the government doesn't find out and send Child Services over to require that you start hiring a babysitter for the ghost boy every time you want to go out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'd be finding out about the people who lived in that house before you and whether or not there was a history of a kid dying there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen them since I was a child,'till few years ago when I was living over an ancient cemetery(They told me that when I moved out)...so I would say that yes,your house is haunted..

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's pretty clear that your house is indeed the home of a ghost. How very odd.

    CAN I COME OVER TO VISIT???

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post. yes, i believe in ghosts/spirits. they walk around and move things in my house. but they're quite friendly.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kenju has a great idea. I love to do research, so anytime you're up for a trip to the courthouse to pilfer records, I'm so there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with ETW and Kenju. Count me in on any research. Oh, and I want to come and visit! I've seen enough to know they're out there.

    Good going on your domination of the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wicked!

    I totally believe in this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You must try to make nice. I've encounterd some not-so-nice spirits. Unfortunately (or not) I think this story is pretty fucking awesome. I would personally like to hear more - ooh and come visit! My house is 52 years old, and no one is haunting me here...bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, wow. Great,and spooky story! Really!
    I totally believe in ghosts. I can not deny that I believe in most of those crazy things like spirits, ghosts,black magic,physcics,etc. It is very contradictory towards Christianity, but I believe it. I have seen some crazy things in my lifetime, and this story does not surprise me at all. Young children are more sensitive towards spirits, and they often can see them when we can't. Same with cats. Ok, I sound like a nut. Ill shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There are so many accounts from everyday people of this kind of situation that it amazes me that others refuse to believe something is out of whack with their 9-5 work and church on sunday schedual.

    Of course the ramifications are huge, same as if someone saw a "UFO" or had a distored time experience and to dismiss it to only the demonic realm is rather like what they did in Europe back when Galileo and Kepler were trying to show that the Earth just...wasn't.. exactly where it was suppose to be.

    ReplyDelete
  18. creepy. i'd say that GhostFriend is real. but at least he sounds like a friendly ghost. kind of like Capser.

    Maybe call up Jennifer Love Hewitt for a meeting?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am sorry I am so late commenting on this. Matter of fact, I'm going to put my comment on this on today's post instead.

    ReplyDelete