Friday, May 15, 2009

My baby is graduating!

I haven't had time to write this week.
There have been too many interruptions and too many things to do.
As you all know, I've been trying to work a little, clean my house and get some things ready for a yard sale and do all the running for Miss KIA.

Miss KIA.
I can't believe she is going to be graduating and leaving for college.

That blows my mind.

It just seems like yesterday that she was a little girl, running through the house taking her shirt off...



See?
She does take after me a little bit...(even though she doesn't want to admit it.)

It's tough to let your children grow up, you know?
I've been through this before with Freya, but that was nine years ago.I wasn't ready for this.

Miss KIA is ready though.
She is so excited.
I can remember how excited she was when we bought a set of encyclopedias.
Yes...encyclopedias.
I even have a picture of her that I took because I couldn't believe how happy it made her.



She was a cute little shit, wasn't she?

I'm really struggling with her moving out and being on her own.
I suppose it's because I'm so used to taking care of her and always being there when she needs me.
I don't know...I guess I'm just having the normal mommy feelings.

Of course Miss KIA has always been independent.
When she was nine, she went to 4H camp and didn't bat an eye when I left. The other girls she went with cried for their parents every night, but not her.
Heck....she didn't even open the letters or mail I sent her.
Then you have Veggie Stick and Little Beatle who wouldn't go on any out of town trips because they'd be away from their mommy.
Veggie Stick says she's never moving out...eek!

Yeah...Miss KIA has always been independent. She's been content to spend time alone, doing her own thing.



*sigh*

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and let you know what's been going on and where my head is at.

My baby has grown up....



How did it go by so fast?

19 comments:

  1. Awwwww, HUGZ!!!! I got all teary eyed reading this! I can't IMAGINE!!! I have another nine years to prepare for this, although, HE says he is never leaving my house too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{HUGS}} Congrats to KIA!! Just because a person is solitary or independant doesn't mean they don't love you or miss you it just means she doesn't show it. I'm sure it's not easy to see her leave, but you've prepared her for the world. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to her! You've raised her right and now it's her rite of passage to move on with becoming an adult for her. I have a feeling that no matter where she ends up for college, that she'll still need you and you'll be hearing from her often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ETW she will be attending your alma mater...majoring in biology and minoring in psychology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that picture when she was a little kid, covering the shame.

    That's cute, especially cuz there's no shame to cover! LOL

    Reminds me sorta of when me and my buddy were out on the front porch having a smoke and his 3 year old daughter comes to the screen door buck nekkid, so dad rolls his eyes and opens his jacket to cover! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful young woman!

    Congratulations to both of you - and I'm sorry. All in one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooooooooooohoooooooooooo! For Miss KIA. But, I fully understand it's somewhat boo hoo for mama because it's just such a huge acommplishment and with that comes the fears of OMG I'm not going to be able to be there every step of the way now.

    Big hugs to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All you have to do is lean back, be proud, and send care packages. That girl is prime grade A world-beatin' material.

    Well done, to you and the Mister.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww!

    Wait, is she single? My oldest son turns 18 in a week and...

    :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! Congratulations and commiseration. Chef Boy 'R Mine's graduation was bittersweet. I was anxious to get him out of the house, yet sad that he was pert near a grownup.

    Connie, didn't do the empty nesting thing, but miss him all the same

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, wait until they make you a grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't even want to go there!

    Your daughter is gorgeous, and her eyes...piercingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww (hugs) I'm with you all the way. I'm just dying over my middle guy going off to college.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Time sure does go...Not sure how I'm going to react when that time happens here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Big hugs to you! I know it's hard. My daughter still has 2 years & I'm already not looking forward to it! But you raised her right & you will always be her mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's gorgeous. And it does go fast. I'm right there with you, head spinning from all the graduation and end of school year stuff and trying to get it through my skull that in a few short months the family dynamic changes forever.

    Congratulations to Miss Kia!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That must be a strange feeling, for your child to be graduating high school. She has your blue, blue eyes, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought I commented the other day - I'm losing my mind it appears. Lovely daughter. Surviving the graduation rig-a-ma-roll is tough. You can handle it all, I have faith in you. After it's all over, kick back with a stiff drink or something else stiff and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tell her congrats for me! I'm going through the same thing.

    She has very pretty eyes, btw.

    ReplyDelete