Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I is talented...maybe. Cuz I can draw and stuff like that....

I am completely in awe of this new spare tire thingy that's attached itself to me.
WHAT THE FUCK?
Mr.Man had the BALLS to suggest that it's from my alcohol consumption.
CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?
Sooo....if that's the case I guess I'm going to have to give something up to get rid of this roll of fatty flesh that's wrapped itself around me in a death grip of "HA!HA! YOU CAN'T BUTTON THAT SHIRT ANYMORE" torture.

I will simply just have to stop eating.
From now on, the Blonde Goddess will live on liquids.
That should fix things...


"The Blonde Goddess breakfast of champions!"

Last week during the internet drought, I spent my time working on Little Beatle's play.
Of course we had been working on it for several weeks prior as well. With only Mr.Man and I and two other people doing the majority of the work, it took a long time. But in the end I think it was worth it. The play was good and the kids did a good job.

In addition to the prop making work, I also got suckered into helping with the kids during the play.
Those little bastards are hellions!
When you tell them to be quiet, they actually increase their volume.
I finally had to resort to spraying them with Febreeze every time they spoke.
This one dopey-assed kid was literally soaked by the end of the first play and smelled like Febreeze the rest of the week.
Why spray them with Febreeze you ask?
It's illegal to beat, restrain or cage the little beasts.
The Febreeze kept me out of jail and it worked.

Here's a few pictures of our hard work....


This is the book we made. It opens to reveal a scrim covered panel that the boy who played the beast could transform through, like a shadow,instead of in person. The effect was entirely awesome!


This is the village scene. We sketched and then painted on the material.


This is one of the four barren trees we made out of foam board for the winter scene.


This is Maurice's wood chopping machine,made out of an old cart and some foam board.


This is the cottage. It's made from foam board. It's reversible to show the outside and inside scenes.


This is the castle scene. It's unfinished here.I was still working on the bookcase and Mr.Man was still working on the other wall of the castle, but you get the idea.


Little Beatle played Chip, which meant I had to make something for him to wear. So using an upside down lampshade and some other materials, I made him a teacup to wear on his head or to place on the tea cart for him to pop up through....


By the last night of the play (5 performances) the teacup was looking a little rough...


"There's something fishy going on here"
Mr.Man made fish for the fishmonger out of foam board. Actually there were a lot of things made out of foam board but the fish is the only thing I got a picture of.

At the end of the week, I was pooped.


"The Blonde Goddess forgets which end the pantyhose goes on due to exhaustion."

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go...

BWAHAHAHA!

14 comments:

  1. Awesome work on the set! Really looks like a professional job and not something I would have seen in my high school. I certainly hope they give you guys some kudos for all the excellent hard work you obviously put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some amazing prop work there, Dear Goddess.

    I decided that i would rather have the spare tire than give up food or booze. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wood chopping machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! That was amazing! You guys are sooo talented!

    I wish I could have seen the play!

    WAY TO GO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was on an all liquid diet too - basically wine, wine and more wine. Until my jeans wouldn't fit anymore, and a had a roll that even sucking in my stomach couldn't rid.

    I still can't decide what's worse. The roll, or giving up wine. And let's just say, I've just uncorked, so it's obvious I'm just not ready yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally impressed. These props are terrific and ingenious. As for the spare tire thingy on the waist...they just appear overnight - trust me. I may have to try that liquid diet too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed.

    I once read an article on the dangers of heavy drinking.

    It scared the sh*t outta me!!!!

    And ever since...

    ...no more reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I quit drinking almost 8 years ago & I just ate more. So, that didn't work...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't drink anymore, and I lost 20lbs

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are hilarious and talented. I mean it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy crap! You are one talented lady, lady! If my child was in a play, s/he'd be lucky if I just remembered to attend the performance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! I'm here from Ron's blog, checking things out. I've read back this far in about an hour, and I wanted to tell you that this looks amazing! Your son is lucky to have a mom and dad that are so involved. BTW, I am enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete