Tuesday, May 19, 2009

And it all got another year older and some parts got longer....meh.

I woke up this morning and rushed to the bathroom to look at myself naked in the mirror.
Sure enough, my boobies were a little longer (yes, I said longer) than they were yesterday.
My flabby belly flap from having four kids was just a little more flappy and my thighs look like hamburger stuffed into a pair of pantyhose.


"I really need to shave my legs...."

On the bright side of things, my shaved off eyebrow is coming back in and my ass still looks ok.
The face is holding up pretty good too. I guess I can't complain.

Wanna know the weirdest part?

I feel better about myself than I did when I was 23.

Who would have thought that 20 years ago, when I was firmer, smaller, younger and had more energy (mainly because I hadn't had the remaining three kiddos yet) I wasted a lot of my life worrying about stupid things that don't matter?

I actually found a picture of my on my twenty third birthday....



Pretty ain't it?

In spite of the wild hair and stupid grin on my face I really did stress myself out over stupid shit.
Now?
I don't sweat the small stuff...or at least I try not to.
As I've gotten older I've come to realize the difference between the things that matter and the things we "think" matter.
Oh yeah...I've also learned how to forgive myself.I'm more forgiving of my imperfections.
I guess that's the best benefit of getting older.

I know I haven't been blogging much lately but between Miss KIA's graduating and trying to clean my house for painting, it's been crazy.
So today I decided to take it easy and give myself a birthday present and blog.
(I do miss it when I don't get to do it you know.)

I was considering baking myself a birthday cake but I've decided to go with jello instead....



Who needs cake when there's vodka?

Anyway, the old Blonde Goddess here isn't the only one who was born on this wonderful day in history.
Good old Stew Magoo was born on the same day as me.
And Brenda Love was born yesterday.
Normally I suck at doing shout outs for birthdays but today I will do both Brenda and Stew and send you both their way.
Give 'em some lovin won't you?

Here's to both of them!



Anyway, that's all I have time for. I need to shower and I may have to work today. I won't know until they call so I have to be ready.
If things slow down then I will address my two awards that I got recently. One from John and the other from BuzzardBilly.
(I am so undeserving of awards...I honestly am...)

So with that said, have a great day and be sure to drink a toast or eat some toast in my honor. I've survived 43 years without being institutionalized and people, THAT is worth celebrating!

30 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. Sissy had a piece of toast this morning. I'll guzzle wine 'til I'm cross-eyed later tonight in your honor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Mine was yesterday. We should celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! Have a wonderful time and enjoy the partay!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my tradition to celebrate my birthday heartily for a week and sporadically for the remainder of the month. You can adopt it if you like.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, happy birthday! And I think it's great that you're more confident or have more acceptance for yourself now than you did when you were twenty-three. it's comforting to know that even though I'm 18 and insecure, someday I will realize what truly matters. :)

    I hate to be a bother, but I know a lot of people read your blog and I was wondering if you could do a quick plug for a web-series I'm trying to promote? It's www.ryananddrew.com
    It's a cute little college comedy, I think you'd enjoy it. Anywho keep up the good work!! I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. Happy Birthday!

    Connie, sheepish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your day is HAPPY!!

    I think we all get more confident as we get older, since we finally realize it doesn't matter a hill of beans what others think!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy b'day blonde goddess!!!
    luv ya!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, BG! Hope you have a great day. I will join ETW in drinking wine until I am cross-eyed in your honor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Goddess, thanks for the wishes; hope yours was as good as mine's been so far (and will only get better and better!).

    Off to all I can eat sushi/crab legs/oysters. I'm going to get stuffed, put that place out of business in one night and then bang every girl within fifteen miles (reference previously mentioned oysters)...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! Stopping by from ETW's blog! You are hilarious and I'm now following you!

    Hugs - Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday, you sexy starlet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm enjoying a refreshing Yeungling in honor of you. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A tradition from the hills and hollers of Wyoming county is for the birthday girl to get a spanking from anyone on their birthday.

    You get on whack for every year and one to grow on.

    Must keep the tradition alive...

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! AND I WISH YOU MANY, MANY MORE!

    ...AL...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday! REALLY great jello shooter thing.... get a bunch of oranges, cut them in half and hollow them out, then pour orange jello with orange vodka into each people will freak out wondering where the hell you got the jello shooter filled oranges!

    So yummy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday, Goddess! Remember we just get better with age, like a fine wine! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Belated Birthday! In that pic, you look cute as a button, but you look much younger!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a great one. What pretty jello shots, I'll have one of everyone except green. I'll have two orange to compensate :-) To be honest, I feel better about myself now too, although I wish I had the old body with the current confidence. That would be very dangerous. But very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Damn IT! HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!

    Sorry I am late. I hope it ROCKED!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sorry I'm so freaking late to this party! I hope you had a Humpy Birthday because getting a hump beats getting a happ any day of the week (birthday or not)!

    BTW, yes you do deserve awards.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy belated birFday! Mine was the 16th! I love another Taurus! :)

    ReplyDelete