Monday, February 23, 2009

I've enjoyed a ding dong or two in my day...

The cream...



It's the cream that drives me insane.
I love to bite it to get to the cream faster.
I'm impatient that way...

When I'm not feeling so urgent I like to nibble all around the outside of it...you know...take it slow and really savor the taste.
Then I save the cream for last and it is SO worth the wait!

You realize I'm talking about ding dongs, right?

That's right.
A ding dong.
I'd really love to have a giant ding dong, but if one won't satisfy me, I've been known to have two or three or four! All at one sitting...I'm kind of greedy like that. I can't stop sometimes when I'm REALLY enjoying something...

So what about you?
Do you like ding dongs or am I the only one here?



Aren't they great?

My love of ding dongs got me labeled with that very nickname on Saturday.
I had arrived at the Spandex Hell place and after an hour of sitting around waiting, I decided to have a cup of coffee and something sweet.
I walked over to the dessert and coffee table and began looking at the sweets.
The guy waiting on me, made a few suggestions about what he thought was good, but then I spied the ding dongs sitting there and yelled, "OH MY GOD! IT'S A DING DONG! I LOVE DING DONGS!"
Yep...yelled it.
Sometimes I really need to curb my enthusiasm.
The guy gave me a coffee AND a ding dong and handed me my change with a HUGE grin on his face.



Yeah...yeah...I know.
Of course that whole incident inspired the man to refer to me as "Ding Dong" the rest of the day.
Every time I'd pass his table...
"Hi Ding Dong! Want anything sweet while you're over here?"

"Hey Ding Dong! Why don't you buy a raffle ticket? You might win something good to take home with you!"

My friends had a field day with this and made fun of me all day.
On one trip by this guy on my way to the bathroom, I did buy a couple of raffle tickets just to be nice. I figured that maybe it would make him stop with the whole "Ding Dong" thing.

It didn't.

But on the bright side of things, I did win something.

Pretty nice huh?
So nice in fact that the guy felt like my winning a prize gave him an excuse to come over and give me a hug and congratulate me.

Hmmm....

I attract some freaky interactions with people, don't I?

Speaking of freaky interactions...



Er...I'm sure it does take care of the jittery nerves...at least it helps me.

I am posting later than usual today because I was out in the cold for several hours last night. It took it's toll on me. I'm not over this pneumonia and I could feel it deep in my chest all night into this morning. Plus I just couldn't get warm.

Herbal tea helped a little but it tastes like shit...



I'll probably drink some more and cover up with fifty blankets and warm up again.

I won't go down without a fight...I know that much. They say that only the good die young...SO, being the bad girl I am, that pretty much guarantees me a long life. I KNOW I'll be around for awhile...


I'll return tomorrow my fellow ding dongs!
MUAH!

16 comments:

  1. I once gave a vibrator to my Grandmother as a gift and played completely stupid when she implied it was inappropriate. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time, we were all at a party at a guy's house. We used a TON of invisible tape to tape a vibrator to his guest room window. You could see it from the front of his house!

    He didn't know it, and so it stayed there, for a whole week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You so confuse me... you won't go down without a fight? I thought you loved going down? :)

    You better rest and get better! Or I'll send Rosemary over to beat you up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ding dongs and vibrators... sounds good to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout of your blog! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had a ding dong in a very loooong time. I think it's on my grocery list now, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love those Swiss Cake Rolls, but I can't do any of those cream filled things anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We actually have Ding Dongs in the house right now. Well, I think we do. We did. Yesterday. A whole box was purchased when MathMan took the youngest for groceries. They came back loaded down with Ding Dongs and red pop.

    I can see the pantry from here. There are two Ding Dongs left.

    I won't go into details about the things that buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ding Dongs...interesting. You are a wonderful blog Hostess. The posts are fresh and wholesome.

    You know, I saw two of those male enhancement commercials on TV the other day while they were playing Willy Wonka! Now what marketing genius set that up?

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol too funny!

    Yeah herbal tea just don't do it for me either *bleh*

    ding dongs however . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my - vibrator stories. I think we all have one (or more) but very seldom verbalize about the episodes. You are too funny.

    I have given you an award - because of all your humor and I can relate. Come on over and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never liked Ding-Dongs but I love "Little Debbie's"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a Devil Dog girl myself. I don't even want to know what that may imply....because it would prolly be true.

    ReplyDelete