Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Consistency, the thickness of soup....or broth...both will fill your belly...

I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING!!!!YES!!! I KNOW!!! SO STOP IT RIGHT THIS MINUTE BECAUSE I CAN EXPLAIN!!! HONEST TO GOD, I CAN EXPLAIN!!!



CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU THINK....I AM NOT IGNORING YOU!!!!

Miss KIA had monopolized the computer for the past week catching up on her online Health. In order to be able to take all AP classes this year, she was required to take her health class online to free up that block. (It's a required class and she needs it to graduate.) So while I am grateful that she has this option, she has decided to work on her health and get all her assignments turned in so she can concentrate on her other classes once school resumes...which means I am NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH THE COMPUTER!!!!

It has been HORRIBLE!!! I finally resorted to drugging her cocoa last night and she's still sleeping this morning...


ok...so not really...but she IS still sleeping so I don't know how much time we have together, ok? (Why do I feel like I'm involved in some tawdry affair?)

You know what I've noticed lately? People like consistency. Go figure...I am a fan of it too, I suppose, but I'm just as forgiving if it's not there. During my hiatus, I lost some readers or lost the daily check in I had established. And I'm ok with that.I don't get to read everyone's blogs everyday. It's been impossible and I have limited time on the computer. I'm not upset about it, I have just noticed it. I think blogs are an escape much the way TV is and when you're not entertaining, people just don't find an escape. That's why I kept private journals up until a few years ago. Sometimes I think I should go into them and post some of the things on here (cause some things are just plain old hysterical) but then I think that maybe I'm compromising that entire, "This blog is really only here for me and I write for myself thing."

Yeah I didn't write in here for awhile but I kept a private journal for my eyes only. I still wrote but it wasn't anything I wanted to share with anyone.
The thing I was going through was frightening and emotionally draining and I just couldn't share myself and put myself out there during that time. It involved a very delicate situation and I had no desire to see my entire family terrorized the way I was terrorized.
Just be careful of the people you are acquainted with.
They can be Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde and you may find that you're not as safe as you think you are.
Things can literally go from this....


To this...


And you will be so shocked by it all that you won't know how to react or what to do...and then you'll just be scared.

And guess what?
You keep feeling scared and it doesn't go away....

But you deal with it the best way you can...

I'm just so grateful for my Mr.Man who loves me and makes me feel SAFE. He is a good man and while he makes me crazy sometimes and he can be kind of selfish, I know he would never hurt me in any way. I know he would never hurt our children either. I am so grateful for him and the life we share together.

Sometimes you don't understand why bad things happen but I think they happen to make you appreciate the things you take for granted....like the knowledge that your husband would never hurt you or threaten you in any way.That's not the kind of thing I just sat around and thought about all the time and now it is one of the most important things to me.
He would never hurt or threaten anyone else either.

There are a lot of scary people out there who would hurt you if the opportunity were to arise. They are people you know and have never felt endangered by.

Be careful...

I am too trusting...I WAS too trusting and would have never thought anyone would threaten me in any way, but it can happen...and it does happen...and you don't even have to do anything to provoke or encourage it...

So while you may occasionally get this now because of the past couple of months....



You're still gonna get this most of the time....



To sum it all up...you're gonna get the real deal here and it's going to be me....whatever that is.
I'm going to write in here though because I need to and I want to. That is something that won't change, even if my style or consistency does.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you're back. You being you is quite enough, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a follower from the start and that hasn't changed. I'm glad you'll have more time to participate here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of honesty so you be you and I'll be a fan of that. I hope that makes sense as I'm on drugs right now.... weeee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're back, and that things are looking up.

    I can't imagine dealing with the crazy that you were dealing with. I'm glad that you're all okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't know how glad I am to hear you say that. Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I've been checkin' in. It must have been someone also who stopped making daily - no twice daily visits!

    Nice to see you back, somewhat on schedule...

    ReplyDelete