Saturday, August 30, 2008

Things to do while waiting for your package...

The first thing I want to do is thank everyone for the calls and emails. Who knew I was so loved?
It was wonderful to find out that I was missed and people were worried about me.
I didn't mean to worry anyone. It's just that things have been pretty...oh I don't know...let's just say that I've been very sad lately. When I get really sad I normally use humor but sometimes I hide out and I've been hiding out. I work and then I come home and clean, watch tv and then sleep. That's about it.

I don't really want to talk about it but I will say that sometimes things happen and you just have to accept them and find a way to live with it.
That's what I've been doing.

I'm living with it.

Of course I can still find humor in my life. In fact I was thinking about some of the more humorous aspects of my job this morning.
You wouldn't believe some of the people I talk to everyday on the phone. They're crazy...just plain old crazy.
A few of these crazies really need a handbook or something to deal with the whole process of delivery. They just don't cope very well with it, you know?
You'd be amazed at the things people expect when they're waiting for a package from some place.

So...because I'm terribly concerned about these people who are PATIENTLY waiting for their packages to arrive, I thought I'd compile a little list of things they can do while they wait for the driver to arrive...

(I'm really nice like that, you know?)

OK...let's do this, shall we?

THINGS TO DO WHILE WAITING FOR YOUR PACKAGE TO BE DELIVERED

1. GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!



For fucks' sake, you're not the only person in the whole fucking world and there are other people who are receiving packages too! Regardless of what you think, your package does not arrive where one driver is magically waiting to carry it out to his special truck and place it on a satin pillow, where he will go directly to YOUR house and deliver it IMMEDIATELY. AND..if you happen to not be home when he comes, he'll wait around patiently for hours and hours waiting for you to arrive because he is paid to look out for your package and only your package BECAUSE YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE GODDAMN UNIVERSE!!!!


2. MASTURBATE.



Seriously. If you're that tense and that worked up over a stupid package, you need to get laid. And chances are going to be good that you're not going to appeal to anyone (even the sluttiest and neediest of people) when you're bitching and whining constantly. No one can stand to fuck someone who thinks the universe revolves around them. So pet the kitty, spank the monkey, flick your bic or whatever the hell you need to to but get off the phone and quit your bitching...


3. Lock up all weapons and hide the key from yourself. Look man, I know you're pissed about the package and everything, but there's no reason for anyone to get hurt, ok. The package you're waiting for is just that stupid SHAMWOW towel you wanted to try.



Believe me, you don't want it's first use to be wiping the remains of the delivery guy off the floor of your foyer. You really need to calm the hell down asshole.Besides...you're being as annoying as that dude who sells the Shamwow towels and the whole thing could just get messy.


4. Call someone so you'll stop calling THE DELIVERY COMPANY!!! It tends to irritate us and the drivers when you call every five minutes. We have a special department for processing packages that have received two or more complaints within a 24 hour period.



These guys take their job seriously...Let's just say that if your package arrives wet and it wasn't even raining out, it visited this department before it went out on the truck.


5. Remember...you're satisfaction is our number one priority. We ARE honestly trying to get you your package to you, safely and on time. Keeping this in mind may help you calm down and stop harassing us so we can do our job. Of course if this doesn't help and you don't calm down and you still continue to complain and threaten to get us fired,be assured you're still going to be our number one priority....



It's just in a "different" number one kind of way.


So there you have it.
I'm thinking of making up a brochure for delivery companies worldwide and see how it goes.I think it could help and prevent a whole lot of unpleasant things from happening....

Well....maybe a few times anyway.

I'll see ya when I see ya. Take care...

23 comments:

  1. I hope you'll get not so sad soon.


    I hear ya on the package thing, but what if we are supposed to get one and it ends up 3 streets away at a house with the name number? And then they keep telling us the package WAS delivered - when we know it wasn't - at least not to us?? And the people at the house to which it was delivered are out of town, so you don't know that the package is sitting on their front porch for 4 days. What then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malach....go masturbate please.

    Kenju...we ask our drivers for a description of the place they left the package if they customer calls in telling us it wasn't delivered. PLUS the driver has to enter in the address where he left the package on his scanner. We found out about a mis-delivery that way just the other day. SO...I don't know about other places, but we do things like that to ensure the customer gets their package...even if it's been mis-delivered. It's been pretty successful so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I don't say this to just anybody.... but have you been laid lately?

    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back, missed you much. I love packages no matter how small.
    I'd like to kick the Sham Wow guy in the package.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so sweet to be patient with people. I admire that, I really do. :-X

    BTW, the woman in the get over yourself picture is cute--but not nearly as cute as YOU, of course. And I respectfully disagree with BJane---I think the Sham Wow guy is a riot. She did make cute use of the word package tho.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (surf reporter) GregAugust 30, 2008 at 12:49 PM

    I'm SO GLAD you're back! I've checked every day, and figured something was up. I'm sorry you've been going through some bad times, and I hope you're getting through the bad stuff OK. As you probably know, we've all missed you, and care about you very much. Thank God, you haven't lost your sense of humor. Excellent post! It's 3:30 Saturday afternoon, and WCHS is running the Mountie's Show. Let's Goooo...Mountaineers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're back.

    I also desperately wish that you worked for the package group that my co. deals with. It would at least be ENTERTAINING.

    You were really missed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alright your back!!!!!yeaaaaaaaaaa i had thoughts of you needing to talk and not knowing how to reach you was a tad worried. just know we are a email, phone call,smoke signal, etc away [anytime] great post, i never give delivery people static,they are doing their damnest to get you what ever you ordered to you,package,pizza,what ever and i always have plenty to do while waiting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back!! What if the package is all the sex toys that you ordered so that you could masturbate to relax! But now you can't relax because all the good toys are on a truck somewhere?! Arrrrg!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Ron - that would suck.

    You'd just have to handle it the old fashioned way.

    Heh, heh, "handle" it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ETW and I are going to drunk dial you someday and make you laugh so hard you pee yourself. E-mail me if you need to vent.

    If you need a package pee-er, I'd be glad to intoxicate myself and take care of business! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see you're back, nothing sucks worse than being in a funk.........

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to see you're not dead.

    That's all the love I've got today. Don't use it all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm very good advice for everybody:

    JUST CHILL and it will all be okay.

    Looks like I've got some catching up to do. So sorry about your feeling down {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Admit it - you stole this from the Mumbai telecall professional's handbook, didn't you?

    ;)

    Here's to less sad, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry about the laid comment. It was flip and maybe not appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bless you. Hoping that you can become happy again. Bet you it might help to know that there are probably at least hundreds of people that are thinking the same thing, that you'll be happy again soon.

    I miss you and reading your killer humor. Take your time.

    --Stew

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tammie,
    I'm sorry for whatever is causing you pain. I will await patiently for when you are ready to return and until then know that my thoughts are with you. {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hell, even us semi-lurkers wish you well. And miss you. And I'll drink to you when I get home. It might not help you much, but it can't hurt and it'll help me continue to ignore the kind of stuff that can lead to the sads.

    So, like Tiff said, here's to less sad, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have missed my Goddess, please forgive! We have been sorta tied up in the local hosptial. They may have even had a gun our heads, who knows. I need to write a brochure for patients in hosptials on the realities and choices you have.

    Hope all is well... I understand the hiding part.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Missing you! I've been in a big funk too - let's be funky together.

    ReplyDelete