Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Blonde impaired....

Is it just me or has anyone else had a hard time remembering everything they're supposed to?
I feel like my head is full of fucking oatmeal. I can't remember shit, so I'm constantly second guessing myself.
Considering that I've only been at my new job for less than two weeks, this development is not a good one. The stuff I've been learning, I should KNOW...without a doubt...once I am told. I've always had the kind of memory where I can be told once, read it once or go someplace once and I KNOW it. But not anymore! I still have to ask poor old Pops if I'm doing shit right or not. ( out of 10 times I am, but I don't feel like I know it yet and that pisses me off. So I annoy him with questions all day long.
He's a good sport about it all though. And he gets to laugh at stuff I do all day long, so I'm not sure if I'm there to help him and Mommy (my other boss) or provide comic relief.

I promise I'll have a decent update before long, but honestly, when I get home at night all I can think about are the codes and the daily time sheet macros I've had my nose buried in all day. I have to learn them all....the codes, zip codes and routes, among other miscellaneous things, so I've been trying to commit them to memory.
And damn it! The memory isn't what it used to be!

Hopefully my brain won't be fried much longer. I wanted to update last night because I MISS writing in here! I have a lot on my mind but I'm too worn out to purge it. So let's hope I can walk in the door, make dinner and clean up and think long enough to get it all written down soon....

I'm still loving my job too. I don't mind the long days as long as I am busy. But you all know that's how I am anyway. I stay busy even when I'm home,so working nine or ten hours a day doesn't bother me. It's trying to remember everything that's draining me. But I have no doubt it'll come in time.

Be patient with me! I'm adjusting and then I'll be back here in rare form once again!

12 comments:

  1. My guess is that you are forgetting things because you have not sat down on here to "purge" and it's taking up all the space you need for the new job.

    Of course, it could be that you are just getting old like the rest of us and have to face the reality that we all start forgetting shit.
    (Guilty as charged here!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You realize, you've gone a whole post without mentioning sex once...WTH is happening to you?! They're destroying you! :)
    You'll have the job down in no time and as long as they treat you decently, happy times are ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering the same thing about my memory WTF, seems like I can't..... what was I saying? Glad the job is going well and remember Rome wasn't built in a day. Learning these things takes time and asking questions when in doubt is the best way. I've always preferred people to ask questions and get it right, especially when they are still learning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. But, what is it that you DO?

    Zip codes is a clue, but not a very good one. More info, please, once you're done wit the purging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just remember the following when you're trying to memorize codes:

    8
    15
    7
    932
    90210
    69

    ..and, as always, if you can't remember a number, x=8.

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moooog forgot 420, oh well.

    Looking forward to your (quick!) return. Call me if you have a chance....

    ReplyDelete
  7. We understand. I promise.

    Just remember: joist on center application should be set between 19 and 24.

    Sometimes, 16 can work in a pinch.


    Congratulations on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oatmeal?? Why yes I seem to have cereal dripping from my ears! I can't remember nuthin'. I forget to go read my favorite blogs, go get groceries, mow the yard. Oh well, I meet new people everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's called having a 'KRAFT' moment

    Kan't Remember A Fucking Thing

    I know, I have them all the time. It's gotten so bad that I . . .

    wait, what were we talking about again?

    ReplyDelete
  10. ETW That number 420 is the reason I can't remember much.

    ReplyDelete