Wednesday, July 23, 2008

ZOOOMMMM..hack*sputter*clang*clan*shudder*die....

My fucking car broke down.
So tell me this, why the hell do things like this happen?
Is there a no-sex for you, you'll gain ten pounds just smelling chocolate, and now you'll be hitch hiking to work curse on me?

I left work yesterday and my car was fine...except the air conditioner wouldn't work. So I was annoyed but you know, you can live without an air conditioner. So I zoomed home where Veggie Stick was waiting for me to pick her up and bring her to buy a new pair of ballet shoes. I kissed Little Beatle, who was on his way out the door to a Power game with his little twin buddy, and proceeded to drive like a bat out of hell to the dancewear shop.
Now normally, most people aren't going to race around a corner and slide into a parking spot squealing their tires all the way, but I had no choice yesterday.

Picture me, in my jeans and t-shirt, work gloves sticking out of my back pocket...sweaty, dirty AND sexually frustrated (which translated to pissed off at the world) leaping out of my beat up station wagon that looks like a pack of wild dogs live in it, and little Veggie Stick, walking through a crowd of pretty little grly girls and their fashionable mommies, stepping out of their SUV's and Volvo station wagons.

I'm sure I raised more than a few high brow eye brows....

Whatever...

So we went in the shop and did our business in five minutes flat, with five to spare before they closed and headed out to the car.

THAT'S when it shit the bed....well...started to shit the bed.

I heard it begin to knock, so I cautiously made my way home, breaking the news to Mr.Man over the phone.
Thankfully I did make it home and Mr.Man says he thinks he knows what's wrong with it. So that's good. Now we'll just have to see if he can fix it or not and how much it's going to cost me.

In the meantime, I'm driving his Jeep, which really bothers him for some strange reason. I mean, I've driven standards for longer than he has, so I don't get it, but maybe it's a man thing.

So that's all for today but I will leave you all with a question...

Does it bother you when your spouse has to drive your vehicle? If so then why?

18 comments:

  1. It bugs the crap out of me!! mainly because I don't have one so when they drive the car it means somebody stole it. I Hope your car problems are quickly and easily fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the 16 years I have been with the Evil Twin, I have driven with him in the car precisely about 5 times - he does not like being a passenger, so no, it doesn't bother me when he drives the van. It bothers me when I have to take the Buick anywhere because I'm not used to driving it. I hope you get your car fixed soon and that the $$ damage is minimal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bah! Car troubles suck. It doesn't bother me when my honey drives unless I'm in the car with him. I always drive when we go somewhere together. He used to take that time to bitch about my driving but he seems to be getting better.
    He drives like a granny, that's why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does bother me, but I'm getting better. I take good care of my truck and treat her right. I've seen my wife drive, and there is no way she treats my truck like I do. I have made it into a joke, and when she gets home with it I'll go over and inspect it for damage. For good reason, once she got home and a hubcap was missing. I've driven it over 100k miles and never lost one part!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drive my wife's Mini Cooper on the weekends, and it doesn't bother her a whit. She used to take my old Chrysler LeBaron convertible from time to time, just because it was fun to tool around in. The only reason she doesn't drive my Miata is that she never got around to, and doesn't see the point in, learning to drive a standard. BUt that's us. I can imagine all kinds of irrational fears getting involved in letting someone else, even someone you know, love & trust, drive your beloved vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And why cannot you have sex? Isn't that sorta damaging to ones brain cells?

    I don't care who drives my car, just so I have it when I need it and I don't find french fries on the floor. I am so not a car person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a problem with me, I hate driving anyway

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate to drive too. The only things that bother me about Curmy taking the car are when he takes it without me. Those times he usually has his buddy with him, there's drinking, and my beloved always-full change hole in the dash (where I throw my change) is down to pennies mostly. WTF do they do with the change?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Henry has the Man car. I have the Girly car. Until I got the Girly car, I had to drive his Manly vehicle and I could feel my testicles sprouting a bit farther each and every time.
    Good thing I got my own Girly car, because I was in danger of being a stud.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Car troubles - nooooooo! Teh suck.

    I'd prefer my car be left to ME to drive, but that's because I'm a control freak. :) If someone else does drive it, my only request is "put the seats and mirros back where you found them."

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't give a shit as long as I don't find cum on the seats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could care less if Chachi drives the Magic Mom Van. As long as he puts the trash in the back and doesn't leave the tank on Empty, we are GOLD.

    He's not a fan of me driving his truck, though. This doesn't bother me, since I have to pole vault into it and drive with the seat in the steering wheel. (*I'm over a foot shorter than he is...)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heh -'highbrow eyebrows' I'm sure they were perfectly shaped and penciled too.

    But yeah, that car thing? I don't have a lot that is 'mine' so yes it bugs the crap out of me when he drives MY car. He leaves the radio stations all wrong and the seat is way too far back. I feel so . . . violated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely, I hate it when DH drives my car. DOn't move my stuff, don't judge my stuff and and leave my mess alone!

    And I hate when he's a passenger, because it usually goes like this:
    DH: I'll drive first, then we'll switch
    Me: I stay alert and awake for a while, then get comfy. and snoozy
    DH: (After about a half an hour) Honey, you have to drive, I can't keep my eyes open.

    Me: Then why the H didn't you just let me drive in the first place like I wanted to.

    THEN: DH is suddenly wide awake and critiquing my driving.

    Arggghhhh. There is such a thing as justifiable homicide. Or a place in heaven for wives who drive with their husbands as pasengers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I swear ... this really happened yesterday! Wednesday, my wife took my car to work instead of hers because she said hers was not running right. She wanted me to drive it and check it out. I drove it and found nothing wrong.
    Thursday she went to work in her car. When it was time for me to go to work (in the pouring rain) I discovered a flat tire and a missing windshield wiper. There was a large tack in the tire but how do you lose a windshield wiper?
    Of course ... she has no idea how it happened.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't stand it when my husband drives my baby. He alters all her settings and it takes forever to get her back to 'normal' afterward.

    But I love driving his. And messing with his settings. It's just all kinds of fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, noooooo....!!!! I hope it gets fixed cheaply and easily.

    It doesn't bug me when hubby drives my car. It does bug me that he gets really nosy and looks through all my stuff in the car like he's going to find something exciting, but he never does... so I find it amusing. Annoying, but amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck, T - nothing can send me over the edge quite like a car fiasco can.

    I'm so glad you're back! And I'm back too biatch!

    ReplyDelete