Sunday, July 6, 2008

HEY!

This is just a quick little something to let you all know I'm still alive. The Internet connection is slow here at best, and the access to the computer is limited. There is one computer, on dial up, and more than ten people wanting to get on the computer.

I miss everyone and plan to sequester myself for a full day so I can get caught up on everything.
I've taken a million pictures and today we were invited to the Lake Man's place for a cook out.
Er...yeah...I'll be writing about that one.

Things have been quiet this year. None of the family on my Pa's side came up to visit from southern Maine and New Hampshire. Upsda is in the hospital with aggressive cancer. It started as a tumor in his brain and spread rapidly, so Goldie, along with all the kids have been with Upsma, being supportive and waiting for the inevitable.
It may be a couple of days before he passes or it could be a couple of weeks. He's got blood in his urine and has developed pneumonia. They're sending him to hospice tomorrow.
Keep them all in your thoughts would you?

Anyway, that's all I have for now. The kid are chomping at the bit and trying to see what I'm doing. I'll write again as soon as possible. We'll be here a little longer before returning home.

KISSES!!!!

14 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are OK and I will keep your family in my thoughts. I lost both my Aunts to cancer and it's a crappy waiting game and sometimes you can only hope for them to find peace. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about Upsda. Try to have a nice time anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep your cousin's husband in my prayers. Thanks for checking in. I've been wondering how you were doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And update!

    But crap, this time with bonus sad.

    Good to know you're still alive, sad to know you're going to be missing a family member soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about Upsda.

    I'm glad that all is going well - and quiet - in the County.

    See? I left it in good shape for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS! You have been awarded the Arte Y Pico Blog award by me Kristin, at www.kwr221.blogspot.com.

    This award was created to be given to bloggers who inspire others with their creativity, and for contributing to the blogging world in whatever medium. Please check out my blog for the rules for award acceptance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for Upsda, and for you, too. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. They say when you only have dial-up it is god's country. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers ascending for Upsda. I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tammie, I know you are not a native WV girl, but I still feel you are kindred spirit. This joke is for you.

    Three men were sitting at a bar talking about their wives and how they had given them work to do around the house.

    The first man had married an Ohio girl. He bragged that he had told his wife she was going to do all the dishes and house cleaning that needed to be done. He said that it took a couple days but on the third day he came home to a clean house and the dishes were all washed and put away.

    The second man had married a girl from Pennsylvania. He bragged that he had given his wife orders to do all the cleaning and cooking around the house. He told them that the first day he didn't see any results, but the 2nd day was better, and by the third day he came home to a spotless house and a huge dinner on the table.

    The third man had married a West Virginia girl. He said he told her that her duties were to keep the house clean, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed and hot meals on the table 3 times a day. He told the group that on the first day he didn't see anything. The second day he didn’t see anything either. By the third day most of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye, just enough to fix himself a bite to eat, load the dishwasher, and phone a landscaper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that is some seriously heavy shit. Cancer sucks so bad. So sorry this is going on and hope things don't stretch out impossibly long for Upsda. Keep your humor, its the one thing they cannot take from ya and the one thing that will get you through it all and help others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My thoughts and meditations are with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Surf Reporter GregJuly 15, 2008 at 10:16 AM

    Thought about you this morning at the grocery store. The geezers were hovering over the 27 cent bananas like flies on shit. I should have known better than to go shopping on a Tuesday. Glad you're back! It was a looong dry spell.

    ReplyDelete