Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Off we go into the wild blue yonder...

As I crawled into bed last night (after consuming most of the icy cold Yuenglings in the fridge)I laid in bed contemplating the whole being a Lutheran pastor thing.
While I know I'd be good at it, I would probably begin each sermon with "What the hell is wrong with you people?" and end every one with "So get your heads out of your asses already!".
I just think I'm too blunt to be a Pastor....but thanks for the encouragement.


"Pastor Tammie's sense of humor was NOT appreciated by the rest of the church."

I think it was a good decision for me to not pursue that line of work.
Plus I ended up having a baby out of wedlock...probably not one of the requirements to get into Seminary...


"Only four more weeks before Moses is born and then another four years of Seminary school before I'm ordained!Whoo Hoo!"

When I was 17 years old, I had just given birth to Freya and I had several choices...
A: Marry the father who didn't want to get married anymore than I did.
OR
B: Keep working that shitty 11-7 night shift at the factory, taking care of Freya during the day and trying to cram other side jobs in while never sleeping (which wasn't working out too great for me at the time).

The other option I hadn't considered at the time was joining the Air Force.
A girl I worked with at the factory lived on the local Air Force base with her husband. She talked to me about the whole thing and asked why I didn't consider it.
That got me thinking....I was smart enough...I was independent...I could make a good life for Freya and I...
I decided to do it.
One problem....my family was completely against it.
No support what-so-ever...
So that was the end of that.
I had no one to care for Freya while I went through basics and school...a sacrifice I was willing to make to give the two of us a better life.

So I married that dick head and lived in hell for 6 years instead.

I think I would have made a good soldier...and I KNOW I would have ended up a lifer...


"Senior Master Sargent at my retirement."

I did kind of get into the Air Force when I married Mr.Man....(if you consider an enlisted dependent 'getting in'...LOL).

Another unknown fact about me is that I didn't have an imaginary friend when I was growing up.
Now I have quite an imagination...but no imaginary friend?
Hmmm....that's an interesting fact.

When Freya was born her father refused to pay the 20 buck to have his name put on the birth certificate. So my name is the only name on her birth certificate. Yet another unknown fact...

Ummm....let's see...what else is there?

I'm going to have to think about it some more.
I know...I know...everyone keeps secrets but I need to think of secrets I'm willing to share.
Most of my secrets aren't as incriminating as they painful. I'd prefer to keep those to myself.

In the meantime Veggie Stick is walking around bitching and crabbing about losing her phone charger.
HEAVEN HELP US!
Her friend has a phone charger she can bring to her her later but THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
SHE'S DRIVING ME FUCKING INSANE WITH HER BITCHING!
I'm not even kidding when I tell you that she's been bitching for two hours STRAIGHT WITHOUT STOPPING!


"IF I DON'T CHARGE MY CELL PHONE IT'S GONNA DIE!"


You know...maybe being a Pastor would help in situations like this. I'm going to consult my homeboy Jesus and see what he thinks...

Holy water?
Maybe if I baptize her?
I have just the place.....



I bet a few dips into that Holy water will help get rid of her possession....

I'm going to get off here and listen to my Ipod. It'll drown out the screeching until I can start drinking at five.

More tomorrow...if I can think of anything else.

19 comments:

  1. Your still hilarious, Pastor Tammie, you are a hoot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunk her head in the shitter! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love teenagers. Plug in those earbuds and tune out. But I wouldn't tell/criticize/judge if you started drinking now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another slice of life from the Goddess. I know I'll enjoy myself when I visit you.

    My only regret is that we're not neighbors. I start to drink around 3:00.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'd be on your fouth shuttle flight by now and siging up voluntarily for "Space Sex Studies". (Sorry MR. Man. You guys aren't married here in this story.)

    Me and my sister went thorugh some Catholic 'training' as a kid. I used to play priest and give her comunnion. WOW...Me a priest!? I always thought it interesting that where the Nuns and Priests lived was called a 'rectory'...is that weird?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm thinking about Top Gun and trying to figure out how you would have made that movie entirely different... What do you think your code name would have been? "The Swede" or simply "Goddess" or something totally different?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'd join your church....lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baptized in "Bowlywater" LMAO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe he wouldn't pay the 20 bucks to be on the birth certificate! Well, I guess I CAN believe it....coming from him...Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even better, and Airfore Chaplain . . .

    BEHOLD THE POWER OF MALACH

    ReplyDelete
  11. growing up, I attended a Lutheran church (No, it did not burn down when I walked in...a miracle no one to this day can explain) and we had a woman pastor. She was married, and she was pregnant twice during her service with us there. She was pregnant while married...but even back in the late 70's and early and mid 80's that was still a big thing.
    But I think our church was a bit more progressive in thinking than most others. Even for a Lutheran church, we didn't feel like a Lutheran church, felt more more like more like a say strict Unitarian church instead.

    I don't go to any churches anymore, as I don't like any restrictions or anyone telling me how to worship or what to worship. But at least I had the rare and wonderful pleasure of growing up with a pastor who was a woman who dared to minister in front of her congregation as a married and often very pregnant woman. She rocked.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The church sign is fucking priceless, but if Jesus is everywhere wouldn't he already be in your fart? I believe he would. My farts are righteous to be sure. As are yours. As are yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tell her to rub her socks on the carpet and touch the phone.

    That'll charge it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. BG, i've told you that time is an illusion, a human construct. it is totaly meaningless and bullsharts.

    that means, in short, that you do not have to wait until five to drink.

    i sure as hell don't!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You could maybe go online and get ordained in something. If you do, I will. Then we can walk around randomly marrying people! It'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Having done 5 years in the Navy, I can't see you surviving the regimentation of military life much past boot camp.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh Dave...I said the Air Force, not the Navy.
    And in spite of my...er...humor...I am actually quite disciplined.

    HAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete