Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Green stuff...

I'm really sorry.
I got nothing today.
Stress but other than that, nothing.

All I can think about it getting the hell out of town and heading toward a place where things are green and the sky is huge and there are people who love me...who miss me and who won't yell at me or ignore me or pick fights with me over stupid shit that doesn't matter.

I need to sit by the lake and drink my fill of things that make me happy and make me strong....



An entire year...that's how long it has to last me. It's been two since I was last home. Two long...very long and lonely years.

Next week at this time I will be feeling myself relax...I'll be feeling loved and cherished again...peaceful and safe.

Oh to feel like someone is taking care of me...that's a good feeling.

It would be nice if that feeling weren't such a stranger...

Alive.
Alive is the word I'm looking for.
I can't wait to feel alive.
Right now I am a robot, programmed for service and doing my best to make it happen.

Lush...thriving...welcoming...



Home...I just need to go home. It's been too long.

10 comments:

  1. May your trip be safe and as recharging at you need it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're getting to go this year! It will be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem so sad. I hate that for you. I hope you go home and have a wonderful time. I know what it is like to be far from home. When I was in the USAF, I was often far from home and it sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kipling said nothing is as bad or good as it seems, hang in there and have great time...eat some real food, breath some fresh air, see stars most never get to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being near water and under wide open skies with people who love you is the best remedy there is. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was there just 10 short days ago.

    It was worth every MINUTE.

    When I am asked for my favorite vacation destination, I shout "Aroostook County, Maine!"

    I get a lot of strange looks.

    Enjoy the down time, chug some Mozie, and eat a bag or seven of the Humpty Dumpty chips in the purple bag (All Dressed). YUM!

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crap, Humpty Dumpty chips! And tonic! I used to spend every summer on an island in Casco Bay, off Portland. Good times. I miss Maine.

    ReplyDelete